↳xxxiii. newt

₊‧✩*✿「chapter 33」✿*✩‧₊

'NEWT, WE'RE ALMOST there.' gally said as he lowered his gun.

i, still being weaponless, ran slightly ahead of the group. i was about to check round the corner when i car flew past.

i stumble back in shock of how close it was to me.

'you ok via?' minho asked.

'yeah. yeah.' i says regaining my balance.

we all sat down on the ground, watching as more people ran and yelled.

a loud noise was heard and we all lifted our gazes to the sky. the berg flew over us.

we're so close.

'it's them. ok we gotta go.' thomas said and he went to help newt.

'go without me.' newt said, shaking thomas of. he leaned over and coughed. black veins ran across his face.

'newt.' i whispered quietly. a tear falling from my eye. 'please.'

'no.'

'minho.' thomas said, 'you gotta run ahead. grab the serum and get back to us as soon as you can. via go with him.'

'thomas, no, i can-' thomas cut me off.

'i know, via, i know. but have you ever done it with someone who's this bad.'

(a/n: im now re-reading that and now seeing how bad that can sound out of context)

i stay silent.

i hadn't. it was always people that had only just found out they had the virus. it might not work.

'can't i try?' i plead.

'it could kill you.' thomas said.

'but-'

'it would be safer for you if we got the serum for newt. that way he will still have time and you'd still be here.' thomas reasoned. 'via, go with minho.'

'i can cover you.' gally said.

i turned to newt, 'i'm so sorry.'

'thank you avia.' newt said. he turned to minho, 'thank you minho.'

i quietly got up to follow after gally letting them have a moment.

'go.' gally said.

i quickly grabbed minho's hand and pulled him in the direction of the tunnels.

ʚɞ ʚɞ ʚɞ

'brenda.' i yelled as i ran up to the berg. 'brenda.'

'where's the serum?' minho asked as he ran up behind me.

after a moment of silence, brenda quickly took off running in the direction we just came from.

i quickly followed behind her.

gun shots rang out beside us.

minho quickly pulled me down beside a car as a gun shot just where i was about to run to.

brenda ran far ahead of us.

'what if she doesn't make it?' i asked minho as i check to see if it was clear for us to run again.

'she's gunna make it.' he reassured me. i could see the doubt in his eyes.

'come on let's go.' gally yelled out. we quickly followed and ran after him.

we ran and we ran. ran through flames and guns shots. we ran.

until we didn't.

newts body was lying a few meters away from us. a knife sticking out of his chest.

no.

my hand shook as i went to my mouth, trying to hold back a sob. i couldn't believe it. i wouldn't believe it.

newt was dead.

he was really gone.

ʚɞ ʚɞ ʚɞ

a/n:
me after killing newt when i knew full well i could have kept him alive:

a/n:me after killing newt when i knew full well i could have kept him alive:

prepare for the last chapter soon :)
love you lots
-jess<3

word count: 555