Chapter 10

This week has been so stressful.

————————————————————————

Wolfe:

The last two weeks have been blissful with Carina. I don't know what made the memories of Alya resurface, but I haven't had any more flashbacks here recently.
"So what is it that Christian thinks he's found?"

I turn to look at her, still lying in the bed. "He didn't say, only that it's important and that it pertains to my family. And put on a shirt, you're distracting me."

She ignores my request. "Would it..."

"What, Ocean?" I stop what I'm doing altogether and turn my attention to her. She wants to ask me something, but hasn't found the courage to do so.

"Could I maybe come with you? I- my family followed yours. Please, I have to know what they're doing, and how many are here."

I sigh, "I don't know if that's a good idea. I don't think they trust you yet."

"But clearly you do, and that should be enough. Right?"
Maybe it wouldn't be such a bad idea. It's not like any of this is a secret to her. Besides, she does have the right to know about her family, I can see it worries her. It's strange to me, that she cares so much about her family when I would discard mine without a second thought. They always say nothing is thicker than blood, but that apparently doesn't pertain to us.

"Fine."

"Thank you," she smiles as she stands. She begins walking over to me, and my gaze can't help but fall to her gorgeous breasts that are sadly hidden by a lacy black bra.
"And back to your earlier statement about a shirt, I think I'll stay like this."

My eyes darken, and I can feel the anger clawing at me. "Like hell you are. Put on a shirt. Put on everything, you are not leaving my home in fucking bra and panties."

"Do I have to? I think Macho Man would get over his hatred real quick and be pining for me in an instant."

"No one is going to be pining. Now, either get dressed or you're going to be punished."

"Fine, fine. No need to get your panties in a twist." I smack her ass as she walks by me, earning a surprised yelp. When she comes back, she has on black jeans and one of my shirts. It's huge on her, falling down to just above her knees. The v-neck hangs low on her chest exposing her cleavage. I could compromise with that, I guess.
"I'll be down in a minute, let me find my shoes."

I head downstairs, grabbing my keys from the counter. I open the door and stop. On the floor is an envelope addressed to Carina. I hear her footsteps and quickly grab it, tucking it safely in my pocket.
"Ready to go?" She nods, and I lead her to my car. This is the first time in my possession she's seen the outside world after being shot, besides when she left the hospital. Both letting her leave my house and the urge to let her see whatever's in the envelope, I wonder just how screwed up everything is becoming. And it's all because of her. Because I'm afraid I'm falling in love with her and, in my world, love gets you killed.

Carina:

I was relieved when Alistair let me accompany him. Christian didn't say what information he had, but it had Alistair seemingly on edge. The past weeks—no, ever since Alistair brought me here—there's been nothing helpful. Alistair's family sure know how to cover their tracks unless they want to be found. Like when I got shot in the leg at a party Alistair dragged me to.
Worry pounded in my chest every second we neared our destination. I did want to know about my family. My parents, my sister, my brothers. I wish I could somehow keep them from being a part of this, but that ship has long since sailed. The car neared a stop, and we were at a building I recognized. Macho Man's house.