Returning Home (Korra)

Avatar Korra sat with her head resting on her hand as she struggled to keep her eyes open. "Are we there yet?" She and Ikki, the middle child airbender, both asked at the same time once again.

Tenzin, Korra's airbending master and friend, sighed as he rubbed his temples for what must have been the thousandth time. "Yes you two, we are finally here" he sighed as Korra and the airbender quickly looked over the side of Oogi, Tenzin's bison, and saw the southern water tribe below. "Must you really join in on Ikki's nonsense Korra?"

"Hey, not my fault your son made me promise that I'd annoy you since he isn't here to do it" the avatar replied with a shrug.

"Wait he did what?" Tenzin asked right before Korra stood up and jumped off the bison before they even had the chance to land.

The fall down to the ice was enough to completely wake Korra. Right before she hit the ground she quickly pushed with her airbending and slowed what little was left of her descent.

"Korra!" The girl smiled happily as she was noticed by a familiar kid who quickly ran over to her.

"Hey Koko" Korra smiled as she pat the girls head. "Let's keep my arrival a secret alright?" the child nodded. "Good, now where's your big brother?"

—————————————————————

"That's not fair! This is supposed to be waterbending training! You can't use your other stuff!"

"I'm the avatar! And you have to deal with it!" Little Korra laughed as she flung a ball of fire at her friend as he quickly yelped and ducked out of the way. "Fight me (y/n)!"

The little boy huffed as he got back up and glared at Korra. "You want to fight?" He quickly did a few motions and around him formed octopus like water tentacles. "Let's fight then!"

Korra smiled widely as she watched a tentacle rush at her. She quickly shot her hand  out and the water just crashed down to the ground, freezing to the ice.

(Y/n) huffed and crossed his arms. "You stink"

"I know" little Korra giggled happily as she grabbed the boys water with her bending and threw it back in his face.

—————————————————————

Korra smirked as she looked at the wall of the igloo. She shouldn't. It would be mean. But it would also be funny. She was gonna do it.

She quickly punched the wall, sending a perfect circle flying inside the building and causing a scream of surprise from the man inside. "I'm the avatar! And you have to deal with it!" Korra laughed as she entered through the hole.

"You stink" (y/n) huffed before breaking into a laugh.

"I know" Korra smirked as she walked up to her childhood friend and opened her arms to him. "I'll fix the wall"

The man rolled his eyes but opened his arms and quickly embraced the avatar. "It's been too long Korra"

"It's only been a couple months" Korra pressed her nose and upper lip against the boys cheek and breathed in, this act was called a Kunik and in their people was how they showed affection to those close to them.

"This is the South Pole Korra, there's nothing to do when you're not here" her friend replied as she pulled her face back away and broke the hug. "Therefore it has been to long"

"Whatever you say" Korra rolled her eyes as she quickly used her bending to fix the man's wall. "I missed you too. What's for dinner?"

He gave her a confused look. "You're not eating with your parents?"