A Day In The Life (Toph Beifong)

This chapter was requested:

—————————————————————

Toph Beifong yawned loudly as she woke up, completely blind as she lay in bed, no earth for her to see with. "(Y/n)?" She whispered quietly, she was usually greeted by her husband as soon as she woke up. "You there?" She reached down below her mattress with her foot and touched the metal bed frame. "Ah" she smiled as she finally saw where her husband was.

The blind girl got out of bed and, still in her pajamas, walked out of the room and towards the kitchen. She silently and quickly made her way behind her husband before wrapping her arms around his waist. "You got out of bed without me" she spoke in a threatening tone as she squeezed him, standing on the tips of her toward and leaning her head on his shoulder as she did.

"You slept in" (y/n) replied with a laugh as he glanced back at Toph. "I'm making you breakfast"

"Good" Toph nodded as she cuddled her head into the man. "What time is it?"

"Half past eight" he replied as she felt him turn his head to look at the clock.

Toph sighed but nodded. "I'm the chief, guess I can show up late once in a while. What about the girls?"

"Fed and on their way to school" (y/n) replied causing Toph to hum happily in approval. Only one of the kids belonged to this man but one of the reasons she had married him was because of how he got along with her oldest, treating her like his own daughter too.

"Good" Toph tilted her head and kissed his neck. "How about we just skip breakfast and do something more... productive?" She asked with a smirk.

"Maybe later" (y/n) let out a small laugh which caused Toph to huff. "I have a parent teacher meeting with one of Lin's teachers I've got to get to soon"

"Alright. I've got a migraine anyways" she shrugged as she pulled away and stopped standing on her tiptoes.

"Hand valley point" Toph rolled her eyes but pressed down on the pressure point which her husband had indicated. "Firm pressure until it starts feeling better"

"You keep saying that but it never works for me" Toph replied as she sat down at the kitchen table.

The man glanced back and shook his head. "That's because you're applying pressure to the wrong spot. Up a tiny bit" Toph moved her fingers up. "That's better"

A moment later a plate full of food was placed in front of Toph and she was quick to begin eating, completely forgetting about the pressure she was supposed to keep on the point in her palm.

—————————————————————

Toph stood watching through her feet as her newest recruits worked on their metal bending. None of them were as proficient as she had expected them to be by now.