The Bloodbender (Asami Sato)

"Korra!" (Y/n) and Mako both screamed at once as they spasmed uncontrollably on the ground. They watched as Amon placed his hand on Korra's head, she gasped and a moment later fell forward, barely conscious.

"No!" (Y/n) growled, pulling the attention of Amon from the avatar to him.

"Looks like one of your little friends has volunteered to go next" he spoke to Korra as he dragged the water bender over to him with his bloodbending. The avatar tried to stand but fell back to the ground.

"Amon!" The man quickly turned as he heard the voice of his second in command, momentarily forgetting about Mako and (y/n). "Everything the avatar said is true, isn't it?" He asked as he walked over to him. "I just saw you bloodbend h-" he was quickly cut off as he heard Amon gasp in pain.

"(Y/n)" Korra groaned as again she tried and failed to stand. "Don't-"

The waterbender boy growled as he moved his hands, bending the bloodbender's blood. "Go, tell them all that Amon is a fake" at the words the second in command ran out as Amon was forced to his knees.

"(Y/n)-" Mako watched as Amon's body contorted in unnatural ways, causing the man behind the mask to scream in agony.

Mako quickly got up and ran to Korra, helping her to her feet. "(Y/n) stop!" Korra watched as her friend used the illegal bending technique to punish the man who had just taken away her bending.

(Y/n) hadn't been part of team avatar for long but as they had found out he was extremely loyal, he didn't like when anyone hurt his friends.

"How's it feel Amon?!" He asked as he twisted his arm, causing Amon's arms to twist much harder which in turn caused a snapping noise as Amon screamed again in pain.

"(Y/n)!" Korra yelled desperately, sending out a wave of air which sent the boy and Amon both flying into the nearest wall.

"Impossible" Amon whispered before falling unconscious.

Korra looked down at her hands wide eyed. "I- I can airbend?" She had never been able to airbend before, even before her bending was stolen from her. "I can airbend!"

She and Mako watched as their friend slowly got back up to his feet. "He's beaten (y/n)" Mako spoke as he let go of Korra who could now stand on her own.

(Y/n) was silent for a moment before looking down at Amon's broken arms. He quickly kicked the man in the stomach, waking him and causing him to cough. Korra quickly got ready to defend her enemy but she didn't need to.

(Y/n) crouched down and lifted Amon's face, the mask that had been on it had fallen off. "How's it feel Amon? You're the one who can't bend now" he motioned to the worthless arms. "Well... can't bloodbend anyways. Need working arms for that don't you?"

Amon growled before falling back to the ground and falling unconscious once more.

—————————————————————

Korra sat on air temple island, all her bending gone except air, as she explained what had happened for what felt like the hundredth time. "So your bending is gone for good?" Asami Sato asked with a frown. Korra nodded. "How's (y/n) holding up?"

"He's fine" Korra whispered as she remembered what he had done. "Like scary fine. What he did doesn't seem to have affected him at all. He would have killed Amon if I hadn't stopped him and he's fine"

Asami frowned and nodded. "I'm sure he's just handling this in his own way. I'm gonna go check on him"

"He's in his room" Korra replied with a shrug.

It was a quick walk to the male dormitories but for Asami it felt like an eternity. "(Y/n)?" She asked as she knocked on the wooden part of the door. "Can I come in?"

"Do as you wish" (y/n) replied which prompted Asami to open the door and enter. The boy she had come to see was lying on his bed while bending a ball of water. He didn't look at Asami as she came in and sat beside him.

"Korra told me what happened. How are you doing?" Asami asked quietly as she watched for a reaction.

"Fine" he replied simply as he turned the water into a snowball and it fell into his hands. "A bit peckish actually but dinner is soon so I'll hold off on snacking"

Asami nodded as she mentally noted that the boy wasn't looking at her. Something was definitely up with him. "You know... it's okay to not be fine" she shrugged as she reached over and placed her hand on the boys shoulder. "In fact it makes more sense than you actually being fine"

"I know that Asami" (y/n) replied as he crushed the snowball and it crumbled. "I'm fine"

"Okay" Asami nodded as she picked up on the anger in his voice when he said the word fine. "And that's the problem?" The boy nodded. "Care to explain?"

(Y/n) sighed and dropped the snow on the floor before rubbing his face. "I terrified Korra and Mako, I bloodbent, and I crippled Amon. I-" the boy cut himself off before he could say whatever the last thing he was thinking was. "After all that I feel fine"

Asami rubbed the boys shoulder comfortingly. "You were protecting your friends. Maybe you didn't do it the best way but you still did it. Mako even got to keep his bending, who knows what would have happened if you weren't there?"

(Y/n) shook his head. "It's not just-" he kept shaking his head. "It's not just that I feel fine. I felt great. I get why Amon and Tarlock bloodbend. It was an amazing feeling and I want to do it again" he clenched his fist and Asami pulled her hand back to her side. He was sounding more and more excited by the idea as he kept talking. "To control another person... that power is amazing"

"(Y/n)..." Asami spoke with a bit of apprehension in her voice. Everyone knew how dangerous bloodbending was, and no matter how she thought about it Asami could never imagine being able to use that sort of power making her feel anything but sick. "You know that you can't continue to use that power, right? It's like a drug"

"I know" (y/n)'s demeanor quickly went from excited and filled with awe to sad and remorseful. "But what kind of person does it make me to want to keep using it? Most of the world is disgusted by bloodbending and here I am just-" he clenched his fist and Asami felt lightheaded. She wasn't sure if he had accidentally bloodbent her or if she was imagining it.

"Look" Asami gently took her friend's head in one of her hands and finally made him look at her. "You have some issues-" the boy frowned. "-but so do the rest of us. As long as you don't give in to these cravings it's nothing to worry about. I understand what you're going through and I know Korra and the others will to"

(Y/n) shook his head but Asami stopped him from shaking it a second later. "You're strong enough to fight this need you feel. I haven't known you for long but I've known you long enough to know that" Asami rubbed his cheek with a smile. "I mean you're the only one of team avatar who wasn't stupid enough to accidentally fall into an overly complicated love triangle. So you've already beaten the rest of us when it comes to emotional maturity"

(Y/n) let out a small laugh at that and nodded. "That's true. I was smart enough to wait for Mako to ruin your relationship before asking you out"

It was Asami who laughed this time. "That you were" she leaned over and kissed his cheek. "So how about we go on our first date now?"

"Now?" The boy asked with a confused look.

"Yeah" Asami nodded. "Take your mind off of everything. My treat"

(Y/n) nodded slowly. "I could definitely see that working"

Asami stood up before offering the boy her hand. He took it and she pulled him to his feet. "I'm gonna make sure you have the time of your life"

Word count: 1411

(Thoughts? Constructive criticism? Requests?)