Beauty And The Beast (Opal Beifong)

Would appreciate feedback as you read this one. This is one I went into with big plans for but then I'm not sure if it turned out well or not.

—————————————————————

"Out of the way!" Opal Beifong rolled her eyes as she was passed by (y/n), the boy who had recently become her partner in this quest to help stabilize the earth kingdom. She couldn't wait until she was partnered up with Kai once again instead.

"What is your problem?!" Opal huffed as she sped up to catch up to the boy who had once been a part of Korra's team avatar before the poisoning and their subsequent drifting apart.

(Y/n) didn't bother to answer Opal's question as he continued through the trees of the forest. He suddenly stopped and motioned for Opal to be silent. "The bandits" he whispered as he clenched his fist and stared ahead.

Opal quickly used her airbending to get up into the trees above the bandit camp. She began to build up the winds as she thought about her new partner. He had never been particularly kind to her, even when they had come to recruit her for the new air nation and she was getting tired of it.

Soon enough Opal had wiped out the bandit camp and (y/n) had secured the now unconscious bandits with metal wire that had been supplied to them by Opal's aunt.

Opal glided down to the ground before landing and smirking. "Looks like that's one less group of-"

(Y/n) quickly grabbed Opal and pushed her behind him and to the side, out of the way. She yelped in surprise before landing on the ground face first and hearing a loud explosion.

Opal quickly turned her head just enough to see (y/n) flying backwards into a large tree. "What happened?" Her head was still ringing from the explosion as she got up and turned to see where the explosion had taken place.

A bandit with a knife was now laying unconscious right behind where Opal had been with his feet severely burned, where Opal had been there was a crater where (y/n) must have used his combustionbending to attack the bandit.

The bandit could have killed her, she suddenly realized. She had been clumsy and he had snuck up on her. She had been saved by the boy who she had just been thinking terrible things about.

"(Y/n)!" Opal quickly ran to the boy who had been sent flying back by his own explosion. She sat up the unconscious boy and looked him over for injuries. He was a bit bruised but there wasn't much visible damage. "Wake up (y/n)!" she slapped the boys cheek to try to wake him.

—————————————————————

(Y/n) groaned as he woke up in an unfamiliar place. "Where am I?" The combustionbender growled as sat up, wincing in pain. He looked around and saw Opal sleeping in a nearby chair. "Beifong!" The girl suddenly woke up and looked up groggily. "Where are we?"

The airbender rubbed her eyes as she tried to remember what was happening. "I- we're back at the village that the bandits were attacking. You needed a doctor. There was some internal bleeding and bruising" she stood up and walked over to the boys hospital bed. "You saved me, thank you"

The only response Opal got to her thanks were a quick nod of the boys bed as he slowly made his way out of the bed, stretching his body and wincing again as he tried to ignore the pain. "You okay?"

Opal couldn't help but look away and smile as he asked that, it was cold as always but now she felt there was something sweet and almost kind too, she didn't know why she hadn't seen it there before. "I am" she nodded quickly as she picked up the boys bag. "Just a couple scrapes"