Cactus Juice (Katara)

This was not requested, just seemed like fun. Next chapter will probably be a part two.

—————————————————————

"Sokka wait! You shouldn't be eating strange plants" Katara quickly grabbed Toph's hand and dragged her over to where he brother had cut open a cactus and sipped the juices.

"There's water trapped inside these!" Sokka said happily as he held out another piece of cactus to offer it to his sister.

"I don't know" Katara frowned with a wary look.

"Suit yourself! It's very thirsty quenching though" That was enough for (y/n) who quickly grabbed the plant and took a sip.

"(Y/n)!" Katara frowned as she began to notice her brother strangely shaking his head.

"Quenching indeed" the boy smiled as Sokka began speaking as if he were in an ad for cactus juice.

"Okay, I think you've had enough" Katara quickly grabbed the cactus from (y/n) who was also strangely shaking his head now. She poured out the remaining water.

"Who lit Toph on fire?" Sokka asked nonchalantly as he walked up to the blind girl.

"Can I get some of that cactus?" Toph asked after Momo flew straight down into the sand and was picked up by Katara.

"I don't think that's a good idea" Katara shook her head before looking to (y/n). "You okay?"

Seconds after she asked this the boy fell backwards into the sand. "I can see the spirits!" He giggled uncontrollably as he reached up towards a little dragon bird spirit that wasn't visible to anyone else. "Hi little buddy!"

Katara sighed as she stared down at the boy. "(Y/n) Bumison you stand up right now!"

The boy just continued to giggle as the invisible creature landed on his outstretched hand. "I'm naming you Toph!"

"Huh?" The human Toph asked with a very confused expression. "Who's he talking to?"

"He's hallucinating" Katara quickly grabbed the boy by his arm and lifted him up back onto his feet. "Let's go, we've gotta find Aang"

"Only if I can bring Toph with us" (y/n) pouted as he leaned his head forward and nuzzled the possibly imaginary creature.

Katara sighed but nodded. "Sure, just try not to lag behind"

"Of course!" the boy pulled his arm away from Katara before grabbing the now vacant hand and kissing it. "Lead the way beautiful woman"

"Beautiful woman?" Katara asked with a surprised look. She was quickly pulled from her shock as Sokka and Momo quickly passed them and laughed happily. "Hey! Get back here you two!" She quickly ran after them.

(Y/n) turned and looked at the human Toph. "You're so wise. Like a tiny blind Iroh"

"Thank you!" Toph smiled widely at the praise. She walked over to the boy and linked her arm with his since she was almost blind in all this sand. "It's about time someone gives me the appreciation I deserve"

"Agreed. That's why I named Toph after you" he held up his free hand which he seemed to think the spirit was resting in. "She's like a tiny bird Iroh"

"That's very sweet of you" Toph reached blindly and pat what she was almost sure was the boys shoulder. "We should follow Katara though, mind leading the way?"

"She's the painted lady right?" (Y/n) asked with a confused tone. "The pretty one, not the lemur one"

"Uh... sure" Toph replied with a shrug as she wondered how long this cactus juice would affect him, as well as wondering if she could find some when they were somewhere safer.

"Ah okay. Come Toph's!" He quickly walked, pulling the human Toph along as the other flew out of his hand and at his side.

—————————————————————

"Don't know why, there's no sun up in the sky. Stormy weather!" (Y/n) sang in his hallucinogenic state. "Since my man and I, ain't together"

"Please be silent" a prairie gopher spirit quickly popped out of the ground and spoke to the boy. "My family is trying to have a nice meal"

"Oh! I'm sorry" (y/n) apologized with a nod.

"Who are you talking to?" Katara looked back at the boy and Toph as she dragged Sokka by the arm.

"Shh! The prairie gopher spirits are trying to have a quiet meal" (y/n) whispered which just caused Katara to shake her head and look back ahead.

Spirit Toph flew up above watching the group as they kept walking. A moment later she landed and pecked at a grain of sand.

"What's that Toph?" (Y/n) asked curiously which made the girl whose arm his was twisted with perk up out of her tired daze. "Spirit Toph"

"Oh" Toph yawned.

(Y/n) and Toph walked over to spirit Toph which drew Katara's attention. "Don't wander off! Get back here!" Once she realized that wasn't going to happen she sighed before pulling Sokka and Momo towards the group. "What's going on?"

"Spirit Toph found something" human Toph spoke as she shook her head.

"Ah! It's a rogue mustache!" (Y/n) yelped.

Katara quickly looked down at the fur that had been embedded in the sand. "That's Appa's fur!" Katara spoke quickly which caused Toph's head to perk up and a smile to widely appear on her face. "How did you spot this (y/n)?!"

"Spirit Toph did! Toph told you" (y/n) replied as he kneeled down and pet the dragon bird spirit. As he did that Katara retrieved the piece of Appa's fur.

"AANG!" Katara called out as loudly as she could. "WE'VE FOUND A CLUE!"

(Y/n)'s eyes widened as he quickly looked to Katara. "Katara you're annoying the spirits!" He hissed as he looked around frantically. "Shush!"

Katara ignored him. "AANG!"

(Y/n) grabbed Katara by the hand and pulled her into a kiss to silence her. She was so shocked that his plan worked. She instantly stopped yelling while Momo buried Sokka in the sand.

After another moment the kiss ended. "Shush" the boy whispered as he looked around at the angry spirits.

"Right" Katara smiled as she slowly raised her hand and felt her lips. "I- um- let's go" she quickly grabbed Sokka by the hair and pulled him out of the sand as she kept walking in the direction that they had been going.

There was suddenly a giant explosion somewhere behind them. "What is that?"

"What? What is what?" Toph quickly asked as Spirit Toph flew up and landed on her head.

"It's a giant mushroom! Maybe it's friendly!" Sokka yelled out as he held his hands up high and (y/n) jumped up and down with giddy excitement.

"Let's just keep moving" Katara shook her head. "I hope Aang is okay"

"Friendly mushroom! Mushy giant friend!"

Word count: 1126

(Thoughts? Criticism? Requests?)