Treason (Ty Lee)

This chapter was requested:

—————————————————————

"I'm leaving" these words shocked (y/n) as he watched Zuko put his swords on his back. He had come into the prince's room in order to tell him that it was time to evacuate to the bunkers but he hadn't been expecting this.

"To where Prince Zuko?" (Y/n) asked before Zuko turned to face him.

"To find the avatar and train him to firebend. He's still alive" Zuko stared at the boy, who just stared back unsure of what to do with this information, for a moment before making his decision."I'd like you to come with me"

The boys eyes went wide a moment later as he realized what was being asked of him. "You're asking me to commit treason?"

"I am" Zuko confirmed with a nod. "We don't have much time, I'm leaving during the invasion. I need to know if you're in or not"

The boy stammered as he tried to figure out what to do. "But treason-"

"We both know that what's happening isn't right. They teach us that it is but you've been to the earth kingdom when you helped Azula to chase us down, you've seen what our people really do"

(Y/n) was silent for a moment. "What about the others?"

Zuko shook his head. "We can reunite with them once the war is over. I don't have time to go ask them, I'm only asking you because you're here. I must go confront my father. Then I will be breaking out my uncle"

(Y/n) was silent once more as he stared at Zuko. "While you face the Fire Lord I'm going to ask Ty Lee to join us, I won't abandon our relationship and leave her with your psychotic sister. If she agrees then we'll join you, if not then I'll see you after the war"

Zuko nodded, he could respect that. After all there wasn't much of a reason to bring the boy along anyways, Zuko was the one who would be teaching the avatar, and (y/n) would remain safe here until after the war if left behind.

"Meet me at the prison where they're keeping my uncle. If you're there when I get there then I'll take you, if not I can't afford to wait for long"

"I understand"

—————————————————————

Ty Lee quickly jumped up and landed in a handstand after hearing a knock on the door of her room in the palace bunker. "Who is it?!" She called out wearily. "Not the avatar right?!"

"It's me Ty Lee!" The girl quickly smiled as she heard the voice of her boyfriend.

"Coming!" The contortionist walked on her hands to the door and opened it with her feet. "Hey!" She smiled as the door swung open and she looked up at the boy.

"Hello" the boy smiled as he entered the room and closed the door behind him as Ty Lee did a flip and landed on her feet, electing to stand like a normal person. "The invasion has started and the eclipse is about to start. We need to talk"

Ty Lee's smile faltered at the seriousness in her boyfriend's voice. "What's wrong cutie?" She did a cartwheel which ended with her flipping into the boys waiting arms. "You don't actually think they'll succeed do you?" She asked as she ran her fingers down his face and neck.

"No, of course not" (y/n) shook his head. "Not yet. But-" he faltered for a second. "Zuko is leaving to go teach the avatar firebending"

"What?!" Ty Lee asked with a shocked look. "That must be why his aura has been getting pinker since yesterday! He finally made a decision he feels good about"

(Y/n) nodded. "He asked me to come with him" that silenced Ty Lee.

"What did you say?" The girl whispered with a fearful tone.

"That I'm not leaving without you" (y/n) replied which caused Ty Lee's smile to return. "I'm not throwing away our relationship and leaving you to be manipulated by Azula"

"Azula doesn't manipulate me" Ty Lee replied, although she sounded more like she was trying to convince herself than her boyfriend. "And- And even if she did, I couldn't leave Mai alone here with her"

"Mai is a big girl, she can handle Azula" (y/n) replied as he shook his head. "And even if she can't I don't care, you're the one I want to be safe"

Ty Lee sighed and shook her head. "I'm not leaving. Even if Azula isn't the greatest person she's still my friend, and that goes doubly for Mai"

(Y/n) sighed as he stared at Ty Lee for a long moment, not sure about what to say. "Alright. Then we'll stay" he walked over to the girls bed and fell down onto it, Ty Lee landing on his chest. "I'm happy to wait out this war here with you"

Ty Lee shook her head as she sat up on the boys chest and looked down at him. "I won't stop you if you decide to stay but... I think you should go with Zuko"

"Excuse me?" (Y/n) asked with a surprised look as he stared up at Ty Lee.

"You heard me" Ty Lee smiled as she leaned down and kissed her boyfriend on the lips. "Go help Zuko. You'll do more good helping him than you will staying here with us"

"But you're here" the boy frowned as Ty Lee got off of him and sat him up. "I don't-"

"I can handle myself. I promise" Ty Lee smiled her nicest smile. "The war will be over by the end of the summer. Either we'll be reunited by then or-" she shook her head. "We will be reunited by then. It's not long"

(Y/n) let out a sigh. "Are you sure you won't come with me?"

"I can't" Ty Lee gave a sad smile. "Go help Zuko"

(Y/n) was silent for another long moment before quickly leaning towards Ty Lee and kissing her. "This is not goodbye. You can't get rid of me that easily"

"See ya later" Ty Lee smiled sadly as she watched the boy get up and walk towards the door.

"See ya later" the boy echoed with the same sad look before opening the door and leaving Ty Lee behind.

Word count: 1066

(Thought? Criticism? Requests?)