Beauty And The Beast Part 2 (Opal Beifong)

Part two of the last chapter. As always appreciate it if you comment throughout.

—————————————————————

"We can't go there" (y/n) crossed his arms firmly as he sat in Juicy's saddle with Kai, Opal was once again in the drivers seat.

"They've requested our help" Kai replied with a confused look. "We have to go"

"I can't go there" (y/n) shook his head, this response prompted Opal to turn around and listen. "Drop me off somewhere before we leave the Earth Kingdom. You'll be better off without me"

"Why?" Opal asked curiously as she crawled over to the saddle and sat down beside the combustionbender. "I'd think you'd be happy to go back to your homeland"

The boy just shook his head, refusing to elaborate.

"I'm going to need more than that if you're going to get out of this" Opal elbowed the boy gently. "Spill it"

(Y/n) sighed and rubbed his warm forehead. "I'm- I've been banished from the Fire Nation"

Opal and Kai were of course both shocked by this revelation. "Why?"

(Y/n) crossed his arms and shut his mouth.

Opal stared into the boys angry eyes for a moment. "Does it have to do with your mom?"

It was no surprise to Opal when the only response to her question was a nod. (Y/n)'s mother had been P'Li, the combustionbending giant of the Red Lotus, the same one who had been killed by Opal's mother and aunt two years ago.

"What did she make you do?" Opal asked gently as she reached out to put her hand on the boys shoulder, only to have her hand smacked away and back down to her side. "What could be so bad that you were banished?"

"Opal I've been remarkably patient when it comes to your probing and prodding of my life but I'm not going to budge on this" (y/n) replied as he poked the girl in the forehead. "Get back to flying your bison before I blow your leg off"

Opal knew an empty threat when she heard one. She reached out her hand to the boys cheek and stroked it, smiling when she saw the anger on the boys face turn more to annoyance. "What did she make you do?" She whispered.

(Y/n) was silent as he stared at Opal. "You make it very hard not to blow you up" he spoke coldly which caused Opal to laugh. Kai just stared in confusion at how she was so comfortable around this boy.

"Are you really going to let me go to the Fire Nation without you?" Opal asked with an over dramatic frown as she leaned her forehead up against (y/n)'s. "I could get hurt, I could get lost-"

"You could stop trying to manipulate me" Opal could feel the boys forehead beginning to heat up and knew she could no longer push him on this topic.

"Alright" Opal sighed as she pulled away and looked at Kai. "Guess it'll just be the two of us"

"Guess so" Kai shrugged as he leaned back and stared up at the blue up above. "How about I make a suggestion though?"

(Y/n) glared at Kai, not wanting him to bud in. "Suggest away!" Opal spoke hopefully.

"We're not going to be to far into the Fire Nation, how about (y/n) comes with but stays here on Juicy?"

Opal quickly looked to the combustionbender to gauge his interest in the idea. He had the same cold and annoyed look that he had had for the past minute. "Perfect. We'll do that"

(Y/n) shook his head before turning and lying down facing away from the airbenders. "Keep pushing my limits Opal and you're going to find yourself blown into little pieces"