Chapter 2: The Team

Adventure Bay. Hometown of its protectors known as the PAW Patrol. The leader is a brilliant human boy named Ryder, who lives in a tower called the Lookout. The members of the PAW Patrol are Marshall, a fire Dalmatian pup, Rubble, a construction Bulldog pup, Rocky, a recycling mixed-breed pup, Zuma, a water rescue Labrador pup, Liberty, a city rescue Dachshund pup, Skye, an aviator Cockapoo (cockard spaniel and poodle mixed) pup. And the hero of the story, Chase, a police German Shepherd pup. Today, they were wearing their gear. Ryder had a feeling they might be needed so they put their gear on while they play. Rocky and Rubble were playing tug of war with Zuma and Liberty while Ryder and Marshall were up against Chase and Skye in soccer. Marshall used his hind legs to kick the ball to Ryder. The boy goes in for the goal but Chase blocks it and the ball goes to Skye. She's doing great, keeping the ball away from Ryder and Marshall. Chase looks at Skye in amazement. Little does she know, Chase has a crush on her. Being in his own world, Marshall kicks the ball out of Skye's grasp. They turn to see that the ball is about to hit Chase!

Skye: Chase! Look out!

Chase is now back into the real world, not his world where he's thinking of Skye, and then kicks the ball into the goal. They sigh in relief knowing Chase doesn't suffer from a concussion. Marshall smirks because he knows the face Chase made when he was unfocused. Ryder joins in on the smirking.

Chase: Well, Marshall. I guess that breaks our tie.

Skye: That was one powerful kick, Chase. (He blushes) 

Marshall: (fake winces) Ow!

Ryder: Are you okay, Marshall?

Marshall: I think I sprained my paw when I got the ball out of Skye's paws. (Raises his 'hurt' left paw) Chase, wanna help?

Chase: Sure, pal. (Walks with his limping friend)

Skye looks confused on why Marshall was obviously faking the sprain in his paw. No pup could have sprained after kicking a soccer ball with their left front leg. Ryder knows Marshall is going to do something ironic to Chase. Something the police would normally do to get secrets out: interrogation. Once they got away from Skye's attention, Marshall reveals that he's actually fine!

Chase: Hey . . . What's going on, Marshall?

Marshall: You went all googly eyes looking at Skye again, huh? I know that look anywhere.

Chase:  (blushing nervously) No! You got that wrong!

Marshall: (Raising an eyebrow) Look, bro. I've known that look long before I got spots on my fur.  Ever since  she joined the PAW Patrol, you've been protective of her, scared of her going into dangerous situations, and always stood by her side ever since. And I don't have to mention Friendship Day.

Chase: She was tired that day! She had so much as an exhausting rescue mission that she laid on my chest! (Looks away, sighing) Oh, man. She's- -

Marshall: Pretty?

Chase: Beautiful! (Marshall smirks) Okay, I admit it. I have a crush on Skye. Do the others know?

Marshall: Everyone except Skye. Practically everyone we know in Adventure Bay, Barkingburg, the Dino Wilds, the jungle where Tracker lives, AND Adventure City  know you have a crush on Skye.

Chase: Okay, I feel like you said a mouthful, buddy. (Sees something shining behind a tree.) Hey, Marshall. Question, do you see a shiny, polygon-shaped doohickey at the root of the tree across from Zuma's puphouse?

Marshall: Uhh, yeah? (Notices the same object)

I think you can guess what the thing Chase and Marshall see is.  Just to confirm, yes there is a major hint of the most famous ship in PAW Patrol. And that is Chase x Skye.  And yes I included the character from the movies known as Liberty. But what goes through our minds right now: what will Chase expect or suspect to happen when he comes in contact with the doohickey?