Chapter 5: The Backup

In case you were wondering why the date of the publishing for each part is changed is because I was having trouble marking my story as ongoing until I complete it, let me know in the comments on how to make my actually unfinished story at this time not marked as completed when it is not. Hopefully that problem is resolved and I can live through this normally.

Clone just left Chase for dead and took his friends to his world! Chase is still paralyzed. The last thing he saw was worry and fear in Skye's beautiful eyes. Worry that Chase will get hurt and fear of what might happen to him then. Suddenly, a different portal opened up not looking like the Doorway opened it. In fact, it was still at least one of many versions of Chase. Only it's not one, and it's not clone, but it's three different Chases coming out of the portal with a pyramid-like device which might have opened the portal. They were the reflections on the Doorway that the PAW Patrol seen. The muscular humanoid Chase, the nervous nerd Chase with glasses, and the annoying Chase with a Southern accent! Then, the big guy notices the real Chase's body.

???(1): Hey, guys! Over there. (The three race over to Chase!s body)

???(2): Is this who I think it is?

???(3): I don't know about you fellers, but I think this one is plain ol' dead.

???(1): Knock it off, Craze. Hey, Carl. Can you check his pulse?

Carl: On it, Crash. (Does a check up on Chase) He's alive. Just paralyzed until he was at a point where his Body and his brain are - -

Crash: Speak English, Carl. I can barely understand when you babble like that.

Craze: I hardly know what he says at all. (Losing attention span by the second)

Carl: (frowns) He will wake up soon! (Unknown to them, Chase wakes up)

Crash: How long until he's going to wake up?

Chase, now awake and unparalyzed , thinks that the surrounding versions of him are working for Clone. Or worse. So worse he couldn't describe it.

Chase: You'll pay for this! I'll tear you apar- - (Craze covers his mouth)

Craze: There's your answer. 

Crash: Uncover his mouth. 

Craze: Aww. But I wanted SOMEBODY to slobber my paw.

Chase (muffled): I'll do more worse than that if you don't take your paw off my mouth! (Craze, understanding 'muffled' does what Chase says)

Chase: Who are you guys?

Crash: Sorry, kid for not introducing ourselves. Ahem. My name is Chief Crash Shepherd, chief of police in the Caper Town Police Department.

Carl: I'm Doctor Carl, PhD's in mechanics, engineering, technology and health in Suspenseburg's (Suh-spence-eh-burg) Hospital and Science center.

Craze: And I'm Craze. I got no job, I'm the youngest one and I just love to go to my Extreme Mental Therapy Class in Incedentia (In-seh-dent-chia) 

Chase: Okay, nice. Good to know you are not working for Clone. 

All three: CLONE?! Where is he!?

Chase: Wait, you know him?

The three visitors realized they have to mention all this nonsense to him. Then, they sat down and Carl and Crash try to keep Craze from interrupting their explanation.

Crash: Look, kid. Clone was built as an Earth protection force to fend off against aliens. (Chase rolls his eyes, silently telling him that Clone told him that) But he's gone haywire and is bent on ending every single universe in the multiverse.

Carl: Or, as I call it, the "Pawtiverse". Ahem. Anyway, after the professor in Clone's world pushed the door Doorway into your world, Clone went in and tried to follow it. But here's why you need to have the Doorway in your possession. Time stays the same for the beholder if he holds onto it. But if either the person goes and the device next, or switch that, or even let's go while traveling what was seconds for you world made it a decade for Clone. For Clone, he was stuck in the nexus (or inside the portal before you reach the other end) of portals The first world he came to after his decade of patience was my world. I was working on a device similar to the Doorway, except not for otherworldly purposes. Then, Clone came through the portal I made meant for transporting food, trying to end world hunger. But when the portal closed, my prototype was destroyed.

Carl (in flashback): Who - - or what are you?

Clone (in flashback):  (pretending to sound weak and lost) Please. Help me. My name is Clone. I am an alternate version of you in the multiverse. My planet was destroyed by war. (He lies because he knows what he did to Quest Harbor) 

Carl: The multiverse is real? (Smiles like a fanboy)

Clone: Yes. But I need a device that will take me to another world. I had one, but when I left I had lost it before I came through. And I see that your machine was destroyed upon my arrival. But please, my friend. (He walks closer to Carl) It's life or death. 

Carl: For five years he has been helping me build another device capable of traveling through the Pawtiverse. And some test runs with completed, but afterwards destroyed, devices I was able to access other worlds. They are not the world that he wanted. But at least I got some more help, (points to Crash and Craze)

Chase: So p, by accident, you brought them to your world?

Carl: Yes. But then, one day, I had finally done it! I created the Doorway's alternate cousin: (holds up the device he was carrying when they came) The Entrance. But, alas, I had no idea of his true intent. Being the guy he was, knowing he could destroy my world in the future, he told me his true goal.

Clone (in flashback): Thank you, Carl. All of you. You've finally have stopped the delay on my conquest on the Pawtiverse. 

Carl (in flashback): What?! We trusted you! You were our friend! My friend!

Clone: Friends?! With a hopeless, anxious, afraid-to-touch-anything-non-scientificall-outside loser like you? (Laughs) 

Craze (in flashback): Hey, pardner! That was rude!

Crash (in flashback): One f us would have to perish before you conquer the Pawtiverse!

Carl:  He started charging at Clone like your friend Rubble did. But despite his size compared to the massive chief, he just literally flipped him to the ceiling and the roof hit his head. He landed on a table and broke it. Then, Clone started up the device and went inside the portal it made. One problem though, I had fixed the time differential thing so that only the creator, or who you says that the device belongs to can make it right. That means, if somebody says their name into the device it will think they are the owner. And since Clone didn't, I had trapped Clone back into the nexus. But once I picked up something familiar in your universe, the source universe of the Pawtiverse, I had to persuade my friends to come along. And once you mentioned Clone, our suspicions were true.

Crash: But what's this about Clone being here?

Chase: Me and my friends found the Doorway near the tree on your back left. After he said that he's been trapped in the nexus for a millennia, he said that he can now finish his goal to destroy the, uuh, Pawtiverse, right? (Carl nods) Me and my friends tried to confront him, but he knocked out most of everybody, kidnapped them, paralyzed me, grabbed the Doorway and left to his home dimension. Then you guys came along. But now soncethere is an evil cyborg version of me that is that powerful, I got no plan to stop him. Maybe nobody could stop him.

Quite a history with Chase's new allies in this struggle.  and he's more evil than you have thought before! But, like our hero said, nothing can beat that monster, let alone land a hit on him. But perhaps someone here has an idea after all? Stay tuned!