Chapter 8: The Broken City

FYI: All the evil versions of each of the PAW Patrol pups in Clone's world are cyborgs. 

Marshall's evil multiversal counterpart Flame puts his monitor from radar scanner to teleview. Since Clone was behind him, he watched Flame find live footage of the readings he picked up that have miraculously appeared in the middle of the empty, but still destroyed city of Quest Harbor. And Clone could not believe his eyes! It was Chase's team of multiple versions of himself to take Clone down and rescue the PAW Patrol! Clone was surprised the most at Chase, for he was alive. But telling the truth that turns out to be happy and hopeful is not his thing, he decides to not tell the prisoners. 

Clone: (In thought) Chase is still alive!?!? And it appears he has met the ones who trapped me in the nexus for a thousand years (or a millennia )! I must not tell my captives the truth. That's not my style. (Out loud) Flame, get Fin and Slaveria (slay-veer-ia) to ready the defenses. If the defenses fail, send them down! Let none of them inside. (Notices Debris) Debris! Take the caged ones to the dungeon with my other prisoner!

Slaveria is Liberty's Quest Harbor doppelgänger. Flame sends the order to his two teammates and Debris starts taking the chain connecting all of the cages together with the PAW Patrol inside  to the lower levels. Meanwhile, our team of German Shepherd heroes take a look at the remains of the city from where the Lookout would have been. In all their lives, they never saw this much destruction happen to a town. Buildings burnt and toppled over. Roads cracked. Vehicles crashed. And the air is thin for it was mostly the leftover smoke from the fires. 

Craze: This is fine.

(PAUSE) What Craze said was a reference to a funny meme with a dog smiling in a burning house saying "This is fine". Just letting you know. Back to the story

The others groaned. Then, Chase started getting everybody to focus.

Chase: Okay. We need either a quick way to get to wherever Clone's lair that has a somewhat likely chance of us getting caught or a safe route to get us in his home turf without being seen. But first, we need our "Elimination of Clone" idea to be put into motion before we could go in. 

Crash: What's the plan, kid?

Chase: Crash, I need you to plant the explosives that haven't gone off yet in the chemical plant. They focus on gamma at the core. But since we don't belong to this world, different radiation means different physiologies. At least, that's what Carl told me. Take Craze with you.

The muscular dog grabbed his young friend and started searching for bombs. 

Chase: What are you getting on your scanner, Carl?

Carl: (looks at his scanner)  I'm reading heat signatures in that mountain. 

Chase: Looks like it's armed with the best security and defenses this universe ever known. But since we're not from here, why don't we find a quick but safe route to get inside the mountain? (Carl nods)

Crash: (over Chase's pup tag) Chase! I got great news. Not only does Craze do really well when carrying fragile items, but the remaining explosives were in the vicinity of the chemical plant and now placed at the core. And by the way, Carl was right! Different world, different radiation. We're walking outside right now without a single scratch! 

 Chase: Great, Crash. (Carl points to a subway station) Meet me and Carl at the subway station two blocks from you on your east side.

Crash: 10-4. (Signs off)

Then, the heroes meet up at the abandoned subway station that could lead them to Clone's fortress underground. 

Carl: Okay, I scanned all the train tracks. They're the only thing in the city that isn't destroyed! But according to the exterior of the train next to us, I can't say the same.

Craze: Welp, we tried. Nothing more we can do. I'm going home now. (Tries to leave but Crash grabs him)

Chase: Hey. Maybe there is a slight chance of tiny pieces of debris coming inside the train through a small hole in the wall. But does this thing run?

Carl: Of course! You're right, Chase! Why worry about the outside when you can think about the inside, am I right? (they all agreed) I'll scan the mechanics and someone would have to hot-wire this footlong . (Get it? Subway? Footlong? Put in the comments below if Carl's joke was golden. I know I liked it)

Chase: But why can't you? You're the smartest out of any of us.

Carl: That's for me to know and you to not know.

Chase: Okay. Crash, can you hot-wire this thing?

Crash: Do dogs have tails?

Then they immediately got to work. Carl scanned that the mechanics or interior workings of the train are functional. They just need a kick-start and a hot-wire. That's where Crash comes in. Since he used to be a train mechanic before starting police work, he knows how to jumpstart any vehicle, on the ground or airborne.  He got two separate wires and was ready to announce that he  was going to connect them.

Crash: Okay, I don't know how fast this thing will go when jump started let alone turned on. So hold on to something!

Craze was on top of Carl's head and started grasping like as if he was a guy on top of an air balloon. Chase and Carl hang on to the pole in the center of the train as they prepare for their muscle-bound friend to jumpstart the subway. He connected them, and the hot-wire thing should have worked. Nothing happened. Craze was starting to let go when Crash was kicking the controls.

Chase: You know what? It's fine. We could walk from here and - - 

Crash gives one more powerful kick to the engine and then it turned on. Immediately afterwards, the train started moving than ever before! Each of the team holds on to something, or someone. 

Carl: Crash! the subway train"s top speed is 230 miles per hour!

Crash So?!

Carl: We're going at 3,000! 

His face starts to deform like Yondu when Rocket was going through 700 jumps in space in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.2 ! The same thing happened to Chase and the others! After going around 400 laps on the subway tracks in less than 5 seconds, Chase just remembered he accidentally packed his Mighty Pup badge! This specific badge came from Season 10 when the power of the meteor from the first time they became Mighty Pups and the crystals from the second time in Adventure City we're combined into one badge. After 1200 laps on the train tracks, he put it in his pup tag and he immediately gets super speed. Right now, everything is in slow mo to Chase, which is normal to him due to the train's speed. Once he timed it right to the point where they at least get to Clone's Mountain of Dominion and pulled the plug on the controls. The train stops immediately. Crash and Carl fell while Craze, feeling dizzy, walks off of Carlos head and hurls on the ground offscreen.

Crash: What . . . In the . . . Literally blue . . . Heck . . . Was that?

Chase: I just remembered I had superpowers when wearing this badge. It gives me super speed. 

Craze: Yeah, yeah. Cool. Cool. Just remind me to get superpowers in the future. (Turns his head and retches offscreen) 

Carl: I hate to say this, but Craze has a point. How? Because if the gamma radiation can't affect anybody from another world, we don't know what your amplified badge might do to anyone not from your world.

Chase: You're right, Carl. (Puts badge away) For emergencies only. 

Crash: Well, at least we're here.

Our heroes find themselves at the bottom of Mount Dominion, stronghold of the tyrant Clone! Each time they get closer, Chase thought o himself, "I'm coming, Skye."

Wow! What a crazy train ride! I guess Crash jumpsarted it too much. Hehe. BTW, just imagine them making the same faces Yondu, Kraglin, Rocket and Groot were making in that funny scene!