Chapter 10: The Prisoner

Back inside, Debris puts the cages into a very dark and brooding room.

Debris: Have a nice lifetime, my jailbirds. You'll spend the rest of it here. Hahaha!

Debris leaves the dungeon, which turns out to be the same room as Mechaniac's lab! Ryder and the pups didn't like the place one bit. It's like seeing the Boris Carloff 'Frankenstein' movie in virtual reality. And color. Then, Rocky thought he was looking at a pretty weird mirror across the room. Turns out, it was only Mechaniac as he's working on or fixing a Questbot Clone mentioned. Rocky then realized that it was him because he never had a robotic eye. Or titanium plating, or even an extra robotic arm stretching out of his neck. Basically, he's a mad scientist horror movie put into a dog. Then, as Marshall was getting up from his cage, he accidentally bumped into a metal bar. It hurt and it got Mechaniac's attention.

Mechaniac: Ah. You've awaken. 

Ryder: What's that to you? You are a servant to Clone!

Mechaniac: I wanted you to know something. Not only do the only things that can leave this room are me, whatever I build, whatever I fix, and anyone on the Annihilation Army.

Marshall: The what?

Mechaniac: The Annihilation Army. That would be me, Debris who just left, Fin and Slaveria who just came back inside for some reason, I don't know. And Flame who is at the monitors from the room you came from. Then there's our second-in-command and air commander Aviatress. All following the leadership of Clone, the first cyborg in Quest Harbor, designed for ensuring Earth's survival. Now you know the full team.

Liberty: Wait, wait. Hold up, Maniac. (She did that on purpose) We now know there's cyborg versions of us pups. But what about Ryder?

Clone: (walks in) His counterpart was human. I looked. There are a few evil versions of the boy, but I saw nothing of the cyborg or robot kind. It is an impossibility for the Pawtiverse to have Ryder or his multiversal counterparts become one of the Annihilation Army. Besides, he's the one who designed us. Upgraded us. Built us. 

???: (weak voice) You we're never built. (Everyone turns their attention to a man with his leg chained to the dark corner of the room) You were regular dogs from the start. All I did was upgrade you.

Clone: Ha! We have no memory of such. We only remember our first day of activation,  Professor Haircut. Come on, Mechaniac. Fin and Slaveria need repairs. Uhh, one of the turrets outside the fortress blasted their seats on the cannons. 

Mechaniac: Oh dear. Lead the way, sir.

The two cyborgs leave the PAW Patrol with their new dungeonmate. They were confused on what he looks like since the corner he was chained to was pitch black. In case Chase wasn't in the same room as them, Ryder had an extra flashlight and shined it there. They were surprised to see that Quest Harbor's Ryder  is a professor with the same haircut (hence the name) and some facial hair.

Professor Haircut: Thank you, kid. I needed light in the darkness. We all do sometimes, am I right? (Looks closely at Ryder's face as he lowers the flashlight) You seem to feel a little low. 

Ryder: Huh? Oh, it's nothing. I'm Ryder.

Professor Haircut: Ryan, and it seems you have lost a friend. 

Skye: How did you - -

Professor Haircut: I saw it in all of your eyes. Besides, Clone told me what had happened. 

Skye: Yes, sir. (Sniffles) And I never got to tell him how I felt.

The others were smiling with open mouths since they know Chase had a crush on her too! She looks at her friends and they instantly change their expressions to normal.