Veiled allure

"I think the necklace from Ethan's hands, and I tried to put it on my neck .but my hair was long and covered my neck, so I tried to do it without showing my neck to anyone. When I started to put it on, it didn't clip on. I was so frustrated, but suddenly I felt a hand on my shoulder. I looked at Ethan, and he was smiling. I showed my neck slowly, not so sure, and watched as he took the necklace and clipped it. I could feel the cold hand on my skin, making me shiver, but I didn't do anything. I didn't want to react. I just saw the yellow diamond on my chest; it was so beautiful. Ethan looked into my eyes; there was disappointment for some reason, but the smile didn't go away. He spoke to me with a soft but rugged voice, 'Mia, you have a good taste in choosing necklaces. I was wondering what you want to do now, and when your hair is around your shoulders, it's more beautiful than when it's on your back.' My heart flattered, but I couldn't say that. I blushed slowly but didn't share it with anyone, especially not with Sylvia. Because if she were with us, she would notice everything and leave me in an awkward situation.

Anyway, I was observing what was happening in this place. It was full of people, packed, and hard to breathe. But I didn't slow down. I saw kids running around happily with candy, and my heart melted from this beauty. While walking around, there were shops—some for carpets, some for jewelry, and some for clothes. Clothing interested me, but I didn't want to waste time because I had to find Sylvia. As we delved deeper into this place, the crowd didn't reduce. In fact, it got more packed. I couldn't see anything happening in front of me. The only thing that made me feel safe was Ethan's hand. His hands slowly got warm because my hand was hot. I didn't put too much effort into it.

Anyway, a man walked on my face, and I dropped to the ground. I felt pain on my back because, in the chaos, Ethan didn't have time to catch me. The man who walked was so angry. He was not a stranger but the person I knew from the carriage—an arrogant person who always thought lowly of me. Instead of giving him any attention, I grabbed Ethan's hand and went around to find Sylvia. The man followed us, but I didn't bother. I went to my goal—to find Sylvia.

When we were finding her, Ethan stopped me and gave me an ice cream cone. I was so surprised, and I secretly enjoyed it. All the time we were walking, my eyes were glowing. I love sugary treats; I have a sweet tooth. I slowly ate the ice cream, and my eyes were so happy, like a small child having their first bite of candy. Ethan chuckled softly when he looked at my eyes. I didn't hide it anymore; my blush spread across my face. The other men behind us were so frustrated, looking at the two of us. One of them said, 'Lovebirds, you want to find your girl because we need to go away from this checkpoint. My sister and I were trying to find Sylvia so hard, and you two are going around in this place without any weapons. You know how dangerous it is. This place is full of people who steal and kill without mercy.' I rolled my eyes from irritation. I didn't want to see that man anymore; he was so annoying.

Before doing anything or showing any attitude, Ethan still held my hand and looked at the man with us. His eyes were full of anger, but he contained himself. The sun hit his red eyes, turning them into rubies. It reminded me of the first time I saw him. I stopped myself and tried to contain my excitement, letting everything flow. It was important to go to the other checkpoints. So we tried to find Sylvia so hard, and we did find her—in a makeup shop. She was choosing some beauty brands, and I didn't know what to say. She chose some perfume, brushes, and makeup—not for her but for me. I don't like makeup.

When we found Sylvia, the man with us didn't do anything. He went directly to Sylvia without even warning us. He dragged her from her hand, letting all the makeup and products fall away. He gave them to the shop, didn't let her get anything, and let her go with us. Sylvia was so annoyed; she didn't want to say anything. The frustration was clear on her face. She is hot-headed, always screaming, biting, and cursing. I looked at Sylvia and began to laugh so hard because she looked so interesting. Even though they just let everything go, I was not happy for her. But at the same time, she is my best friend, and I couldn't say anything. Isn't that a funny thing?