The Quest Unveiled

"I was still sitting in the camp of Fire, waiting for Sylvia and Lily to wake up, but there were no signs of them stirring. I attempted to feed them, but they remained asleep. I decided to let them rest and kept watch over the place because the forest was already dangerous and filled with allegiance. As I guarded, I wondered why Sovientent hadn't told me anything about magic. Then I remembered I had the blue book, filled with knowledge that could provide me with anything I desired.

I hesitated to sleep after awakening from dark memories I'd seen through Sylvia's mind. Those memories haunted me, sending shivers down my spine. I felt their whispers in my ears. So, I began writing everything in the blue book. I started with the fire, the water, and the strange dream. The book responded clearly, stating that every dream in a magical or Mana-filled forest held significance. It hinted that it meant something I possessed.

I asked what would happen if all the fires merged into a new one. However, all my writings disappeared, and the book fell into a moment of silence. Puzzled, I gazed at Sylvia, feeling anxious as if something darker lay hidden beyond my sight. After a while, the book finally answered, revealing that my abilities were something rarely encountered. It explained magical levels, suggesting that people could typically gain two elements, but encountering all elements meant having them all. This revelation excited me, but the white one's meaning puzzled me.

I wrote it down as a question, expecting a detailed response. However, instead of answering, the blue book conveyed a single message: white magic doesn't exist. I looked at my hand, feeling perplexed. How could a book filled with knowledge not know the meaning of the white one? I pushed it to the back of my mind, focusing on the peculiar secrets I uncovered through Sylvia's memories. They seemed suspicious, especially the last one with its blurry visions and haunting screams, likely to plague my dreams.

I tried asking the book if it knew about everyone's past since the day they were born, and it confirmed its knowledge. I smirked, feeling a sense of power that I could know anyone's past without even asking. It felt intrusive, yet I couldn't resist. But suddenly, Sylvia softly opened her eyes. When I glanced at her, nervousness gripped me; my palms grew sweaty. I couldn't do anything. I hurriedly closed the book, stowed it in my bag, and retrieved another book from the Shadow Kingdom - a romance novel.

Trying to appear engaged in the book, I smiled, attempting to avoid conversation with her. However, despite my nervousness, Sylvia noticed my discomfort. Without uttering a word, her expression changed, and I sensed her unease growing. I worried for her but felt too apprehensive to engage. My anxiety intensified; my hands perspired, and a cold sweat formed on my skin. She suddenly spoke, questioning why she was there, where the monster was, and why she was with Lily.

I put on a forced smile, trying to comfort her while feeling incredibly uncomfortable. I attempted to make excuses, avoiding divulging the truth about the dive into her memories. Instead, I fabricated a story, claiming that I had fought the monster and that she was safe. It was a big lie, but it seemed to alleviate her worry, and I was relieved. However, I remained concerned about Lily, particularly because she had encountered the monster firsthand. I hoped Lily wouldn't fare poorly.

I checked on Lily; her health was deteriorating rapidly. I could gauge a person's health by touching a specific point on their arm. As I did so, discomfort overwhelmed me. I felt like fleeing the situation, but I couldn't abandon my friends. Despite my discomfort, I mustered the courage to address Sovientory, appearing as composed as possible. 'Sylvia, you must understand, Lily's health is deteriorating rapidly. We need to help her.'

Suddenly, Sylvia's hand began shaking as if she'd seen something terrifying. I looked in the same direction she did and saw a small blob, reminiscent of the monster, trailing us. I tried to comfort her, attempting to handle the situation right, as Lily's well-being was crucial. I recalled Lily mentioning that the Golden Cup in the forest could heal anyone. Since we were deep in the forest, I proposed seeking it out. However, I feared for Sophia, whose mental state was so fragile that even encountering a small creature could cause her severe distress. I didn't blame her; I'd experienced numerous nightmares derived from her darkest secrets.