lost in the memories

A Stein goes on, and I can't know at which time I will leave this place. My memories become so faint, and the only thing I can see are the harmless creatures going around me, always accompanying me, making me feel so comfortable. One of them approaches me, their color white and clear like glass, walking slowly on small feet.

I lower myself to see what it wants. It looks at me, smiling, putting its hand on mine cheerfully, which feels strange for some reason. 'Mia, come with us. Let's run together. No one will be here to bother you or make you sad. You'll always be happy with us.'

Initially feeling strange, suddenly, I feel so comforted that I just want to do what they want. So, I hold its hand, and all of them surround us. They start to run, and I run with them as peacefully as I can. It feels so fun and comfortable that at some point, I don't want to return. I just want to stay in this place. I don't need anyone, and even if I want someone, I can't remember. We're going through beautiful fields with all these beautiful trees around us. I forget everything and just go with the flow.

Fairy King (POV)

I am sitting on a bridge, alone for the first time. All the fairies are around me, each engaged in their tasks. The weather is pleasant, and everything seems fine. I wonder what Mia is doing—whether she's training, relaxing, or just gazing at the serene blue sky. I'm not sure. I feel the need to visit her, but I can't, especially after this recent incident. I don't know how I ran away, but suddenly, I see Mia and the other fairies running towards me, some even flying with their wings. I get a bit flustered, wondering what might happen next because I haven't heard anything from her until now.

There she is, on the ground, panting for air. When she looks at me, she shows, from the bottom of her heart, tears and sobbing. It looks like an emergency. I approach her, trying to be her voice, 'Mia... Mia... I can't find her. She disappeared into thin air.'

At this point, I clap my hands to transport myself to Mia, but all I see is the field; she's not there. So, I sneak into the magic tower guided by a small fairy to her room. There's nothing but a source of magic in the room. I begin to follow it, finding a book in a closet, looking like a cheap artifact. I approach cautiously and sit down.

I see a circle drawn inside the book and realize this contraption is capturing souls. I look at the little fairy, and my eyes darken. I go to the table nearest to me, making sure no one can hear me, and put it down slowly, without activating anything. I look at the fairy, who seems responsible for Mia's safety.

I hit the table with all my force, looking at the fairy again, wanting answers. Her voice is cracking as she pleads, her body shaking. She knows everything. 'Mia started to be so interested in the artifact that she began making some herself. She asked me if she could do something like this, and I told her she could, but only if she collected those items. I didn't tell her about the danger if it failed...'

As I feel my blood boiling, I try to calm myself, sitting in the nearest chair, putting my hand on my head, thinking about the trouble this girl has gotten me into. I know this magic tower is somewhat neglectful because they didn't even care when one of them disappeared. They didn't even track a strange mana in their tower. I didn't expect this to happen. Anyway, I glance at the little fairy, who's still terrified, shaking on the table.

I don't even give her comfort because she doesn't deserve it. She didn't do her work properly. I begin analyzing the type of magic she put on. While I discover it's more tragic, the type of magic she used is linked to the soul. So, even if I try to stop the artifact or damage it in any way possible, her soul will be shattered all around the world. I bite my lips, trying to think of just one idea to help me save her. The only option is to enter this broken contraption, even if it fuzzes my soul a bit. I need to save her, my face growing firmer.