Chapter 8

Xavianna's pov

I went home to show my mom the letter. I gave it to her and she started reading it, while she was reading her eyes widened. " Who did you say gave this to you" she asked with a frightened,  what did that letter say. "Peter gave it to me  saying that someone told him to give it to me" mom grabbed the phone and called fairygodmother.

There was a knock at the door,  I went to open knowing it fairygodmother. She came in mom gave her the letter. "If Peter gave this to you that can mean one thing, he is the descendant of the Mad Hatter. He is still obsessed over the glass slipper. "Why would he be obsessed there's nothing special about it. It's just a slipper" I said looking at the both of them.

"Child there's a lot you don't know about the glass slipper. The glass slipper is known for granting luck to those who posses it. The hatter family and Cinderella's have been fighting for decades. This letter was written by the mad man himself. It seems like they want you" why would they want me is it  because I'm the latest Cinderella seen. "Stay away from that boy, that family is made up with mad people who would do anything to get what they want" I couldn't believe that Peter was a Hatter.

(skipping to when Xavi how's to meet up with the group)

"We've been waiting for you" Mia said her hands on her hips "Sorry I was helping my mom" I realized that James wasn't there wonder where he was. "You guys gotta sit for what I'm about to tell you. I'm..." James came jogging toward us. "Did you guys get the text from Ivory they found Cinderella's mask in the school's bathroom hanging in the mirror corner" he interrupted me then everyone started checking their phones. "Forget it" I said standing up to walk away until someone pulled me by my hand. "We need to talk about us" James pulled me to near bench and we sat down alone. "There's nothing to talk about we can't be together" I said looking at him straight in the eyes. " It's better that we go back to being friends" he signed shaking his head. "I want you to be more than my friend. I've been looking for the right girl and here
you are but we can't be together" he said taking my hand in his. "Will you let your family control your love life" why does he believe they are controlling my love life.
"My whole family has fallen in love and have their own families, creating a reputation of damsels in distress. I don't want to follow such a reputation in our family. I don't need to depend on a guy to save me from anything" I said for him to understand better without revealing the Cinderella part.

His phone began ringing he answered. By his facial expressions I could see that the news he heard made him excited. The call ended and he looked happy. "I can't force you to be with me but I'll always like you" he pulled me into a kiss which I couldn't pull myself out of it. He then ended the kiss with another one on my forehead.

He left walking to towards the group which was watching for afar. The girls' mouths were wide open while the boys were patting their friends back proudly. Mia Jess and Willow came up to me running while screaming in excitement."Problem solved?" Mia asked "Yeah problem solved" they screamed again but I wanted to tell about me being Cinderella and about the Mad Hatter.

"I still need to talk to you about prom" the noise died down and the boys weren't here anymore. "You may not believe what I'm about to tell you but it'll connect the dots. I'm  Cinderella" I said they started laughing their lungs out. "Really prove it" Jess said holding her stomach hurting from the non stop laughing. "Come over at my house  and I'll show you" they agreed so I led them to my house.

I opened the door and my mom walked towards me checking every inch of my face. " I'm so glad you came back okay" I nodded my friends were already on the couch since it wasn't their first time at my house. My mom saw them as her daughters.

"Mom I told them" my mom froze in her place. "They don't believe me at all" I said looking at them in disbelief. Then Jaq and Gus came in running towards me and the girls started screaming. "Stop screaming you'll scare them away. Sorry Jaq, Gus these are my friends Mia, Jess and Willow. Girls this is Jaq and Gus my cutest friends in the world" Jaq held up his tiny hand for Jess to shake.

She was hesitant but she gave in his charm and shook his hand. " Do you believe me now " Willow shook her head. "The talking mice are cute but its gonna take alot to impress me " She is really stubborn and hard to impress but fairy godmother 
came just in time. "Xavi I heard the mask was found in your school. Did you not bring it with you when you came home?" she asked acknowledging the presence of the three girls. "Hello there you must be Mia Jessica and Willow. Xavi has spoken a lot about you" her smile was contagious causing the girls to smile.

" Are you fairy godmother" Willow asked her which she laughed a little "Yes I am, I'm guessing you told them about our secret" I nodded to her. "Why did you tell us about Cinderella" I sat down explaining form the beginning to the letter. "I can't believe Peter is a descendat of a Fairytale villain and you a Disney Princess. We need to keep you away from Peter as much as we can. We don't know what they're planning next" Jess said to all of us until a message was received from Mia's phone. She read it out loud "The mask was the first clues given to you to track down Cinderella. There's more to that mask than you think that mask has hidden the faces of the descendants of Cinderella. Look through her perspective you'll find more than expected" the message had mad hatter written all over it. This man is bad news. He's using the media to unmask me.