Surfing - Chapter 3

I go to the bathroom to use it, brush my teeth and wash my face to get the makeup off my face from last night. I take off the mustard tube top I had from yesterday that Sarah gave me and untie the bikini top around my neck and take it off. I go in my duffel bag and grab a lavender triangle top bikini that ties at my neck. it also has a tie in between the triangles. The bottoms were high wasted and had little flowers on them, same as the top. I walk out of the bathroom and sit on the couch as I wait for the girls to come out.

After a little JJ walks through the back door with two cases of beer in his hand. He walks up to the cooler on the counter.

"What up Maybank"

"Kook"

"JJ" His eyes flash from me to the cooler that he was filling. "I've been nothing but nice to you and the rest of the pogues"

"okay well I don't like kooks hanging around us"

"Fine then i just won't talk to you"

"fine then don't"

I turn around but out the corner of my eyes I see him glancing from me to the cooler. His eyes would go from my face to my chest then the cooler as he put more beer in. I get up and go out the back door to be met with John B and Pope.

"oh hey are you ready to go" John B asks me

"yeah we are just waiting for the girls and JJ"

"cool"

A couple minutes pass when the girls and JJ walk out the back door.

"so does the kook surf or dive" asks the blonde.

"I surf" I say through gritted teeth.

"surprising and I thought you weren't talking to me"

"Okay let's go" Pope says trying to lighten the mood.

we all get up grabbing boards and towels and walking to the beach. There we lay down the towels and run to the water.

we surf for a couple hours then I go back on land. I sit on the towels with Sarah when the boys start yelling

"Sarah. Y/n!" crys John B.

"Help!" screams Pope.

"Somebody help us!" Kie yells.

Me and Sarah turn to each other and then start running to the water. The pogues come to the shore line with JJ on a board. We all drag him onto shore. He is unconscious and not waking up with all the screaming. He has A big gash on his head that was bleeding tremendously. I lay my head on his chest and hear nothing. I press two fingers on his wrist and also feel nothing. Lastly, I place two fingers on his neck and I don't feel a pulse.

"Guys! He doesn't have a pulse!"

"Start chest compressions" one of the girls screams.

I put one hand over the other and interlace my fingers. I place my hands on his chest and start pushing two inches deep into his chest. I count to 30 then tilt his neck back open his mouth and give two long breaths into his mouth. I sit up seeing if he is responding when he doesn't I go back to chest compressions counting to 30 then two long breaths in his mouth. Again he is unresponsive so I do another round of chest compressions and breaths. This time however he started coughing up water and turned him over so he didn't drown again.

I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding in. I just saved JJ Maybank's life! He looks at me then wraps his arms around my neck I wrap my arms around his wet body.

"Thank you y/n"

"Your welcome JJ" I breath out.

We beck out of the hug and I am met by a hug from the rest of the group.

"Thank you Y/n" They all say.

"You welcome guys"

I turn to JJ and he wipes some blood from his forehead.

"I'm gonna go help JJ with his cut you guys stay here"

everyone gives JJ a hug then me and him walk back to the Chateau.

"Go sit on the counter in the bathroom"

Another thing I keep in my duffel bag is a first aid kit. I walked to the bathroom and put my duffel bag in his lap. I get out alcohol and cotton pads, I pour the liquid on the pad and start dabbing the wound on his forehead with it as he winces in pain.

"are you dizzy, light headed, or nauseous"

"No"

"does it hurt"

"yeah"

"okay" I finish dabbing it with alcohol then I apply pressure with a paper towel. I grab a white stick from my bag.

"okay so you see this white stick" he nods "It's called a styptic pencil. I'm gonna rub it on the wound. It's gonna hurt, a lot, but it'll stop the bleeding. okay?"

"k"

I rub the waxy stick on his head making him wince.

"Please stop moving"

"sorry"

"your good" I finish and the bleeding has gone down tremendously. I place a bandage on the wound "okay all done"

"Thanks y/n I own you one"

"its free of charge"

"No you saved my life I owe you"

"JJ stop no you don't. C'mon lets go watch a movie."

We go into the living room and start watching Cinderella. After a few the rest of the pogues come in and join us. 30 minutes into the movie I fall alseep on JJ's shoulder.