This Is What I've Lived For - Chapter 10 ***FINAL CHAPTER***

Time skip like 6 months or so

Recently me and JJ got a job working together at a little restaurant right outside of Figure 8 and right inside the Cut so we get some kooks and some pogues. One day I had a half day because I also picked up a babysitting job so parents would drop their kids off at my house and I would watch them for 20 bucks an hour. I tell ya kooks will do anything for a day alone without their kids so when I watch them I get 120 bucks a day just to watch some kid for 6 hours. 

I had just finished babysitting and realized I haven't gotten a text from JJ yet. He was supposed to get off at four and it's currently 6 o'clock. Sometimes he stays a little later but not more than 30 minutes especially when I'm not there so I try to give him a call but he doesn't respond. 

A little while later I get a knock on my window and of course it's JJ. I let him in and give him a hug. 

"I missed you"

"I missed you too" he says, his jaw clenched. I look up and notice a bunch of marks on his face. 

"What happened J"

"Rafe happened"

"We should press charges then"

"No it's fine"

"It's not fine" I say to him as I bring him to the hallway bathroom. "If he keeps hurting you like that I'm gonna hurt him"

"y/n it's fine seriously" He tries to get me to calm down because I am furious. 

"No JJ" I say as I grab some alcohol and cotton pads. Rafe had never drawn blood before but there was a cut on his lip, on his cheek, and on his brow.

I stand in the space between his legs and he winces in pain as I try to get the one on his cheek "JJ please don't move"

"y/n" he says and I notice tears in his eyes.

"JJ" His head falls onto my shoulder as his shoulders start to shake as silent sobs take over the boy I loved and I put my arms around him. "JJ if you need to we can press charges against Rafe-"

"it wasn't Rafe, y/n. It was my dad. I wanted to kill him. I was so close to killing him"

"Hey JJ it's okay it's okay I got you"

"I just want to do the right thing"

"JJ I know you do" I lift his head from my shoulder and cup his face. I look into his eyes and say "if he wants to treat you like that then he doesn't deserve to be on this planet" I start to tend to his cuts as I continue to speak "You are the most loving, caring, funny, good looking, sexiest person I know and for someone to treat you like that is wrong. Plain wrong. You shouldn't be sitting here crying right now because of your father. We should be sitting in my bed enjoying each other's company but we're not because of your idiot father." I say finishing up his wounds, "I love you so much and seeing you like this hurts me too much to even express." I wipe one is his tears that was falling down his cheek "I'm never going to let him touch you again, I am going to make sure that not matter what you are safe and that you will never have to go through this again. I promise. I love you JJ. I love you so much that I never want to let you go I never want to see you hurt ever again"

"I love you too y/n" he says pulling me into a hug by the hips. 

All of a sudden the door swings open and Joseph and Andrew step in doing slow claps. 

"go cry to your mommy JJ. Oh wait I forgot you don't have one"

"beautiful speech y/n"

"leave" I say stern