CHAPTER TWELVE: Nothing happened

Dedicated to: ....

Chapter Twelve: Nothing happened

Jen bolted up from her sleep. She patted around her surroundings looking for her phone only to find out it was on her desk. That made her cautious, why would she go to bed without bringing her phone with her?

She usually does in case of emergencies.

And why the heck is she on her own bed?

Obviously, things are going as messed up as it already is. Even her mornings is being affected drastically.

She doesn't like change at all.

Jen flipped the comforter off her and felt the morning chill reach her skin. She hopped off the bed and made her way to her own bathroom. On her way she pulled her hair back and secured it into a ponytail with the hair tie she left by the lavatory. Thus, she began her morning hygienic routine.

After rinsing her face her hands grasped the edge of the marble counter of the lavatory and she leaned forward. She felt overwhelmed, things changed in a blink of an eye and she's having a hard time catching up. This is something that you can't cope up overnight.

But that's the least of her problems now.

Outside of her door is the man who made her feel...things.

Things even she couldn't understand.

Probably it's the disadvantage of not being interested in soap operas and chick flick novels, Jen thought. She feels so stupid for being left behind on something so unnecessary.

She inhaled and sighed heavily. Closed her eyes and tried to calm down her system. "Nothing happened last night. Nothing happened last night. Nothing happened..." she mumbles to herself trying to forget about that certain moment.

She puts on her reading, big framed glasses on, tied her hair in a loose and messy bun, and put on a black hoodie. Jen stands before her door hesitating to open it. She just stands there staring at the part of the door where her eye level reaches.

Ethan on the other hand stands at the other side of that door. He checked his phone seeing the time that it's already 8:25 am. It seemed as if it's unusual for Jen to not be awake at that time since work usually started at 8:00 in the morning and she should've been used to waking up at that time. He thought of waking her up but he's having second thoughts. Why would he even care if she's awake or not? They have nothing to do for the day, probably just roam around shops for paparazzi shots or something.

It's not like she'll die in her sleep, his imagination wanders off. Well that's possible but what's the chance that could happen? He bites his lip and made a move to grab the door knob but hesitated yet again. He smacked his face with the hand he used in attempt to open the door and lightly leaned his head on the door.

He felt like an idiot, felt shaken with anxiety. What the heck is this girl doing to him?

Suddenly he heard her voice in her room. It was unclear so he stuck his ear against the door.

"Are you an idiot Jen?! Are you an idiot?!" she said, shouting in a low tone. He heard a light stomp on the floor and a grunt, "of course you are, what the heck are you thinking?! Why are you so worked up with this?!" She added.

He heard ruffling of things he couldn't make up and then she sighed deeply. She muttered something and the door knob moved a little, a little sign that she's about to open the door. He panicked, swiftly turned around and was about to run away until--

"Ethan?" Jen called his name.

He decided to let go of his rampaging heart beats and clamly asked, "yeah?"