Chapter Nine: Let's get....wet?

CHAPTER NINE: Let's get....wet?

Dedicated to: asdfghjklzoee ......You're awesome dude ;) Love ya.

The salty air, the pesky sea gulls, and the public people.

The beach—isn’t the most recommended place for individuals like Jen and Ethan would find peace and serenity in.

No, it does the exact opposite. Just looking at nature itself pisses Ethan more. Reason behind this is because he could be doing more reasonable things other than exposing his skin under UV radiation. Simply, the office could save his life from skin cancer.

Jen on the other hand was okay with it. She had her fare share of visits to the beach, much less in high school. But the only reason why she doesn’t want to be here is because the man beside her.

She wanted to check on the company using her phone. Being his personal assistant, and considering that he hasn’t hired anyone else for the time being, she still has a job to handle. The job she has to prioritize more whenever her boss is in vacation.

But what if she’s with him in his vacation?

What will happen to the company and what work could have been done?

So as they were on their way to the beach she was furiously making calls and tapping on her phone. She still continued doing so once they arrived in the beach but Ethan got annoyed that he was being ignored that he took her phone and threw it to the shore.

He’s just lucky enough that I have back-up files in my computer, she thought.

Ethan was thinking thoroughly when they also went on vacation. He temporarily left the third-in-command in his office to do his and Jen’s job.

So here she is, sulking on the towel under a beach umbrella.    

Ethan left her to get changed as he arrives shortly in a pair of blue checkered beach shorts.

Jen’s eyes were looking at the sand until she saw his bare feet on the sand. She used that moment to look up at his face with a slow lingering look on his body.

And man was he fine.

When she finally reached his face he raised an eyebrow while looking down at her. “You’re going swimming in that?” he says.

Jen instantly look down at what she was wearing: a silky white and lacy cover-up that came with the swimsuit.

After her embarrassing fashion show of what seems to be tiny cloth pieces, Ethan received a business call and left shortly to handle it. Thus saying to take whatever she feels like taking and Jen was wearing the swimsuit she is wearing right now.

She shook her head, “I was told to remove this before we go swimming.” She answered. As she looks down to fumble with the hem of the garment.

“Then take it off now.”

Her head snapped up, “We’re going to swim?”

And with that Ethan gave her a flat look, “Why on earth are we in a beach if we’re not going to swim Jen?”

A tinge of excitement shot through Jen as she tries to calm herself down. She thought, was it six—seven years since I went out swimming?

She was quite busy nowadays and when she was high school. Her main priority is perfection, and slacking around while having fun wasn’t an option. Sure, she was good enough to apply for scholarship. But she didn’t have the time. Once she’s eighteen she had to go her own way…away from the orphanage. Yet she needed to get a job to support herself and she can’t handle the stress of extreme overworking.