Chapter Six: Drunk and Bipolar

Chapter Six: Drunk and bipolar.

Dedicated to: CarolKat ........ You asked for it honey ;)

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“I swear Jen, if you drink that you’ll regret it,” Ethan warned her as he strides hastily to where she is.

Finding out she was at the bar was enough to surprise him. Jen wasn’t the type to drink—moreover, she wasn’t the type to drink her emotions at all. She gets more and more confusing today. “At least stay less drunk than you already are. It would save me less trouble to get you to our room. Thank goodness I was able to find you.” He added snatching the filled shot glass away from her.

“No,” she stated in a slurred manner, “You didn’t find me. If I were to be found, I should be lost. But I am neither lost nor wanted to be found.” She took the glass back from him and immediately drank it before he was able to stop her. She slammed the glass on the counter and asked the bartender some more.

“Enough, no more Jen.” Ethan got fed up as he grabs hold of her arms. But something amazed him a bit: the fact Jen was able to say something witty even though she has no control over herself. Meaning it would be a lot harder to get her to their room. Jen shrugged him off and frowned at him.

“Oh don’t worry babe,” she angrily and sarcastically said, “I’m paying for my own.”

“You can’t obviously hold your drink! Come on Jen!” Ethan snapped, getting tired of her new charade. He has so many things to deal with, and Jen shouldn’t be one of them. Just to look for her he had to call the owner of the very hotel to ask for authority of asking the hotel manager to search for Jen. It took quite an argument before he was able to persuade the manager to command the staff.

He saw her jaw clenched as she glares up at him. This time, she wasn’t afraid of showing her emotions of and stating her opinions. She is clearly drunk.

Jen hopped off the stool and immediately grabbed hold of the edge of the counter to balance herself. She’s getting quite tipsy but she tried to mask her emotions to show Ethan that she’s perfectly fine. But that didn’t help and now for the first time ever, Ethan could see right through her. The woman who he used to have problems figuring out is now like an open book. Funny how alcohol changes you.

Ethan was about to grab her waist to help her balance herself but she swatted him away just in time. She was now openly glaring at him. Having deep breaths and a strong grip on the counter, altogether she doesn’t look like the intimidating secretary he had.

That’s right—intimidating. He is now denying that he used to be intimidated by Jen. What could he say? The woman is unbreakable when it comes to almost everything. Until now.

“I hate you,” it came out like a whisper that was almost meant just for her. But those words didn’t fail to reach Ethan’s ears.

As she confidently walks away he felt a piercing feeling at his chest, or maybe—his heart?

No, he must be misreading things. He should already know that Jen hates him, more so despise him. You blackmailed her for goodness sakes, he tells himself as he was able to get his body to move to where Jen is heading now.

They entered the elevator. The last time they were in there Jen was able to outsmart Ethan and escape him. But now it was dead silent and it’s choking him. He kept stealing glances at Jen and she has her eyes closed while leaning on the wall while clinging on the railings built there.