Chapter One: No other Choice

CHAPTER ONE: No other Choice

"Uh, are you okay Jen?" Ethan asked out of concern. The woman just randomly slapped herself after what Ethan said. 

'Why would I need to look among numerous of women if I have you?' He said and it felt like a trap. 

"No, the question here sir is—are you okay?" Jen asked back after finding out she wasn't asleep. She wished it could've been a dream, but it wasn't her to dream of such thing. She wouldn't dream for something as big as this to happen. Something must be up, what a turn of events is this?

Ethan looked up and pretended to think deeply, "Yep, I think I'm okay." 

"Are you sure sir? I could set up a doctor's appointment—“

"I don't think that would be necessary Jen," Ethan wanted to laugh at her. She's panicking, such a rare sight in from of him. Jennica Price is finally caught confused, and it's turning him on—

No, he couldn't think of his assistant to such extent. Maybe it's just his men hormones acting up. She's an attractive opposite gender, it's meant to happen. If not, then he wouldn't think of her as his wife.

"I think your having a hard time believing me Jen," Ethan grinned at her. "I thought your intellectual function is better than that."

He thinks he saw a glint of anger in her eyes. She's a prideful woman, of course she'll get mad, she has been criticized!

"Sir I clearly heard you and understood it well," she said through gritted teeth. "The only problem is that maybe you’re nauseous and you accidentally said it."

"Nausea Jen? Is that the best conclusion you could come up with?" He cocked up a brow at her. It's intriguing how provoking her into new emotions could be so fun.

Jen inhaled trying to calm down her nerves. It was the first time she have seen her boss so playful. But toying her is getting through her nerves. "Please sir, could we skip the sarcasm and tell me why you don't want to check out brides when you requested for one?"

Ethan chuckled and it was like bells to her ears. He hardly laughs or smiles warmly around work. It makes her wonder how does today make any difference. "I told you, why do I need them if I need you?"

"I heard that clearly sir but I just don't want to believe you said it." She sighed, "Please clarify yourself sir, I have work to do and I want to finish this quickly."

Ethan wasn't surprised when he heard her say she needed to work. She's really dedicated, you could say that, but it wouldn't hurt to have a break from time to time.

That's when he realized it. From what his father said it wasn't just him who needed a break, so does Jen. Partially, he could do her a slight favor.

"This is an important matter between the CEO position and me Jen. Whatever I am about to say is utterly serious. Remember your eight-years contract? "

Jen nodded when Ethan asked.

"Well I am offering a proposition of cutting the remaining three years to one year."

Jen's eyes lit up at the statement. A year?! A year of waiting until she is able to start her own rising career?

"I am giving an additional of funding and advertising your project that I heard you'll be working on once you leave us."

So good to be true, Jen though as excitement ran havoc in her blood stream.

"Only if you marry me temporarily."