Chapter Eight: Shopping you say?

CHAPTER EIGHT: Shopping you say?

Dedicated to: NicoleAnnsley.... Hey there dearie :"3

Jen laughed dryly, “I beg your pardon?”

“Is it really hard to understand Jen? Two days ago you almost said the same thing.” Ethan answered with a slightly irritated tone. It was hard enough to say it; it’s even harder to repeat it.

Call him egotistical or whatsoever, but it’s completely inevitable. Ethan, as you know it, is the type of man almost every woman would throw herself to. Telling Jen to try to act like she loves him is weird, an extraterrestrial feeling. Normally, he doesn’t need to tell women that, it’s all automatic. But then, there is one fact that solved Ethan’s confusions:

Jennica Price is not like any other woman.

Just by working with her, he already knows at least that.

“But I don’t understand. It’s bad enough to marry you just because of the feud between you and Frank—“

Ethan then cut her off, “But clearly that isn’t enough to convince him Jen.”

Frank is sly, insouciant and old, but still sly. Ethan has to prove to his father that the relationship is really working on his working habits. A sinister man behind a diamond mask, Frank is. Nobody could really tell what he is up to.

Setting precautions will be better than doing something when it’s too late.

Jen diverted her gaze somewhere else. She agrees with him after working with his father for three years. “Can’t you give yourself a more detailed explanation?” she said.

Ethan, at the moment, is fiddling with his phone, turning it around with one hand while trying to come up with a good explanation. An explanation I don’t have to repeat, he thought.

Obviously, this whole marriage contract is taking at toll on Jen’s pace—her way of thinking. Her usual composed and dignified stature is being crumpled down.

And what Ethan doesn’t know is the reason isn’t because she’s new in such intimate relationships. No, it’s all because of him.

“Remember what happened at the airport yesterday?” he asked and Jen’s confused face faded to a flustered one after realization. But her blushing, which by the way is noticed by Ethan, was what left him demented.

Why would she blush if she was in hysterics when it happened? He thought but left the idea as an unanswered question. He is certain that what he saw was a mere illusion.

Jen simply nodded, giving it as a cue for Ethan to continue.

“Jen, that is our first kiss, and surely it shouldn’t be the last. To be able to prove to the world that we’re serious we have to show them.” Ethan seriously explained. “Can’t you at least try to cooperate?”

Anger flickered in Jen and she gradually began to get pissed off. She hates it when someone doubts her and questions her skills. Her work should have been flawless and showing Ethan that even she can’t handle a petty contract was never an option. Again, Jen isn’t the type to show weaknesses.

“Alright,” Jen forced out to say, “I’ll cooperate.”

Ethan let out a breath of relief and then brought out his wallet to smack a large number of bills on the table. “Let’s go then.” He stood up and left the café.

It took Jen a while to process whatever is happening until she then shoots up from her seat and followed him. “Where are we going now?” she asked after catching up to him.