Chapter Four: Tell the world

Chapter Four: Tell the world 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
"I demand to know!"

Ethan raised a brow at the persistent woman beside him and gave her an amused expression. "I never would have thought I live the day you demand something from your boss."

It's not like you'll still be my boss anytime soon, she thought. Jen pouted, she doesn't know whether to consider it as an offensive statement or a compliment. Nevertheless, it doesn't help the fact that she still doesn't know where they were heading to.

"Sir—Ethan," she quickly corrected herself when he narrowed his eyes at her. "I am letting you do whatever you please right now. Even just a hint; tell me where are you taking me?" She asked again sounding fed up. The man is stubborn and manipulative, as he has always been in business negotiations.

Who would have thought that he'll be using it to her?

But then, this is Jen we're talking about, she's like an equal to Ethan.

It's like a concession that the world dreaded to happen.

"It's a place," he looked back at her from the window with a smirk on his face. "Where we will be spending a week in."

Jen glared at him, this was no laughing matter. Right this moment, she's debating whether to punch him on the face right now or open the door and run off.

Unfortunately, both options wouldn't do her any good. If she punches him, it will make life more of a hassle than it already is. If she runs off, what are the possibilities she would return to her previous life before the contract the other day?

"You audacious, wretched, narcissistic bastard." She hissed under her breath. But that didn't stop Ethan hearing her curse him and brought a chuckle from him.

When was the time he pissed Jen off to this extent? Honestly, it never happened. Both swore to themselves to only have a professional relationship with each other. 

Little do they know how compatible they both are with each other.

Jen realized they are already outside the airport when the car stopped. She's getting cold-feet all of the sudden. Outside the airport are a number of paparazzi and press surrounding a rectangular space in between them. Guards are holding them back but are clearly having a hard time with it.

Jen turned to Ethan who looked completely calm and composed. "You knew about this?" Jen gestured to the ruckus pass the tinted window of the car when he turned to her.

"What do you mean?" He pretended to be unaware of what is happening.

Pretended, because he was the one who caused this.

He wanted to show his father that he was serious. Thus, he decided to make their relationship official to the world. Being the famous Ethan Mayland, everyone would fuss with him settling down. It's too sudden, yes that is the point. Sudden surprises only make the news more intriguing.

"Tell me Jen, did you kiss anyone before?"

Jen briskly turned to Ethan after worrying with the large crowd outside. "Excuse me? I didn't hear you quite well."

Ethan thought about what he said. Why on earth did he ask that? Why would he care anyway? It has already proven that she never had a relationship—even just a fling of some sort— throughout the years that she lived.

She’s pure. And judging from the contract that his father made, he wanted to keep her chastity clean. That’s when Ethan thought something was going on around this set-up. His father is scheming something.