quidditch and other less important things

"OLIVER wood if you crash this broom, i swear-!"

i shrieked as we made another sharp turn, my hands gripping tightly onto the wooden handle of the broom we were on. his scottish tainted laughter boomed in my ear.

i was finally getting the flying lesson i was promised. even from the quidditch pitch the view of the castle was ethereal, sunlight hitting it in the first time in weeks.

the only problems were the tricks oliver had been doing. while it was fun, it scared me half to death, the speed and the uncertainty making my heart race.

"don't be scared, y/n!" i could feel his hot breath on my ear, a stark contrast to the cool air piercing my body and face. "you've got the captain of the gryffindor quidditch team flying you!"

"doesn't mean i can't fall off this broom and die!" i protested, my grip on the broomstick tightening as oliver had the broom twirling through the sky. oliver laughed again.

"alright, alright!" he slowed down the broom, bringing it slowly down so that the clouds weren't in my face anymore. my grip loosened, and i sighed as i leaned back onto his chest. it was warm.

"no. never again, oliver, i swear to you." i laughed as i shook my head, my hands going to fix my hair. i sighed as i looked out to the view from here. "see? look how nice this is. nice and peaceful."

"it's better to go faster," oliver hummed, looking out to the view. "but this is quite nice."

i took a breath of fresh air. "it's beautiful." i hummed, my hands moving to have a loose grip of the broom just above where his were.

i stared at the castle for a bit in silence before receiving an answer. "yeah. really is beautiful." i felt the heat of his breath on my head. i looked up at him from our position, having to crane my neck up to see the bottom of his chin.

he looked down at me. a grin spread across his face. "we should do this agai-"

"oi!" my head snapped to look down at the booming voice. i couldn't see them very well from here, but they seemed to be slytherins, due to the excessive amount of green i saw. "come down here!"

oliver sighed, but slowly brought the broom down to the ground. i got off first, fixing my hair a bit. i glanced at the group, catching glimpses of surprised draco, theo, and mattheo. even blaise, who i'd never seen show much emotion save for our little moment a couple days ago, quirked up his eyebrows.

my eyes widened a bit as well. i didn't really want to deal with them today. oliver picked up the broom, holding it at his side as he stood next to me.

"sorry to interrupt your date, wood," mattheo stepped up in front of the group, his expression almost bitter as he faced off in front of oliver. it was very unlike the teasing and playful mattheo who always bothered me. "but we've got practice."

"must've lost track of time." oliver responded, looking disinterested. "sorry about that, riddle. next time we'll make sure to leave before you come."

mattheo pursed his lips as if he ate something sour, turning his gaze to me. "didn't tell me you had a boyfriend, bee." the slytherin glanced at oliver, who was looking straight at him. "much less wood."

"i, uh, i don't." i pursed my lips, biting back a laugh. for enemies, they were awfully close together. but i needed to be serious. "we're just friends."

i saw draco scoff from behind mattheo, and my gaze flickered over to him, blaise, and theo. they all were bearing holes into my face with their eyes. it was kind of uncomfortable.