prologue

[hellooo]

* * *

SAKURA SATO WAS EVERYTHING. from being kind to jaw-droppingly beautiful, not only was sakura great at academics, she had a million other talents in her so called 'personal inventory'. the girl was liked by all but envied by many. she had it all, it seemed, with a rich father and the best friends one could ask for. however, things in sakura's life weren't as perfect as they seemed.

her father, shintaro, didn't only run a multi-million dollar oil corporation. infact, he worked closely and was one of the main leaders of the yakuza. this made sakura's life increasingly difficult as her and her father found themselves moving from city to city, country to country. shintaro was hard on his daughter, hard as can be. it started when his wife, yuki miyagi, killed herself when sakura was 9 years old. shintaro partly blamed sakura for a while, but then realized the fault was his. it was his fault, yuki didn't want him to be in a gang, he didn't focus on her and he didn't see that his wife was struggling. after that he turned his emotions off like a switch. shintaro made sure that sakura worked for anything she got. he'd made sure she was the best at whatever she did. in a twisted way, he didn't want her to fail in life. he didn't want her to turn 18 and suddenly have to join a gang in order to support her family. so he made her do everything. piano, gymnastics, dancing, karate, track, academics. sakura never failed, failure was never an option to her.

now 16, sakura's just trying to get through day by day. she just had so much to do and no time to do it. however, failure was never an option, right? sakura had just won the world junior karate championships, had come top in the country for the international math and english olympiads and had just won 3 gold medals in the international gymnastics championship. her father had told her that if she managed to get all 4, then only would he allow her to purchase a car of her choice (using money she'd saved up herself, of course.) sakura's plan to get the 1964 Chevrolet Impala was ruined when her father told her that they would be leaving Tokyo, where'd they lived for the past 2.5 years, and moving to Los Angeles. they had lived in America once, and sakura was fluent in english, but she wasn't ready to leave her life and friends for like the 8th time. she didn't know that moving to "the valley" would be simultaneously the best and worst thing she could have done.

sakura didn't know that suddenly, her life would become more difficult than it already was.

* * *

a/n

are we ready or are we ready?

what's one thing that nobody says that needs to be said?

before you guys read further just a warning, this story will contain triggering content and i advise you not to read if you find yourself sensitive.

i'm always here if you need to chat or vent!!

all my love,

* * *