5.

[sciences or languages?]

* * *SAKURA ALMOST ALWAYS ATE ALONE

* * *
SAKURA ALMOST ALWAYS ATE ALONE. sometimes it was comforting. sitting on her rooftop after a long day, just her and her instant ramyeon. however, most times it was lonely beyond measure, which is why sakura felt herself light up as miguel invited her over to dinner at his place that night.

"yeah, and yaya mentioned making empanada de viento as well which i have a feeling you'd like. but i, uh, understand if you're like, busy and stuff. your schedule is seriously hectic. but it would only be for an hour or so, and i know you've been too busy lately to eat a decent meal so i thought it would be a good idea, but yeah it's totally fine if you can't make it, i know that y-" sakura interrupted miguel's rambling.

"relax, mig, i'd love to. dance finishes at 7:30 today, anyway" she spoke. sakura was currently sat at her vanity, taking off the face mask she'd put on 10 minutes earlier. it was half past six in the morning, and sakura didn't know what miguel could possibly be doing awake so early on a monday. it probably had something to do with cobra kai training. johnny lawrence was something else. miguel's voice blasting in her airpods brought her back to reality.

"oh. well, that's okay, you can uh, definitely come over when you're free, then," he spoke dejectedly.

"miguel," sakura stared at her bemused expression in the mirror. "i said i'd love to come,"

"OH, oh that's great, that's- yeah that's great, my mom will love to hear that, she's been wanting to meet you. 8 then?"

"yeah, 8, just text me your address," she was now trying to decide whether to wear her hair up or down.

"look, mig, i've got to get going soon, i have piano in half an hour. but before i do go can i quickly switch to video? i need your opinion on something,"

miguel nodded. then he realized that she couldn't see him. "yeah, of course,"

"okay, well," the sato girl balanced her phone against one of her trnaslucent, half empty perfume bottles.
"see i was wondering does it look better half-up," she held her hazel hair in a make-do half ponytail, "or down?"

miguel hummed. "i actually think it would look best in a ponytail. see 'cause you're wearing a high neck, it looks better and your hair won't get in your face during piano. and it won't bother you during practice either, but i do recommend putting it in a bun for dance so that it doesn't slap you or anyone else in the face,"

sakura raised her eyebrows. "you really know your stuff, huh, diaz?"

miguel nodded assuringly. "i very much do, sato."