6.

[iced tea or iced coffee?]

* * *

SAKURA RAN A HAND THROUGH HER HAIR IN ANNOYANCE. she was in the miyagi-do dojo, sparring with her godfather. robby and sam were god knows where, though, sakura didn't mind their absence much. what did she mind, however, was the incessant ringing of her phone. yes, it was on silent as it always was, but if a person called more than thrice it began ringing. she already wasn't having a good day, seeing as she was running on only two cans of redbull and four hours of sleep. her day worsened when she reached gym late because of traffic and messed up her routine. she lost focus when her phone rang, and ended up getting a jab to the torso, causing her to crash to the dojo's sleek floor.

as daniel helped her up he looked toward her phone. "maybe you should take that,"

after being reassured that it was fine for her to answer the call, sakura's day was officially ruined when she heard a familiar voice over the line.

"hey, neonata, guess who's in town?"

sakura breathed in deeply. she tried to ignore how the sound of enrique's voice jarred her, and answered with a sharp "what do you want?"

"i told you, neonata, don't be so rude. make dinner tonight, i'm coming over. maybe after you and i can spend some quality time together, eh? your father's down in vienna, so, it'll just be us two,"

sakura breathed in deeply again, and placed a hand on her knee as she slid down the wall. the sato girl decided to answer in italian as she didn't want her mentor to hear. "oh mio dio! you're like 45. i told you to stop calling me neonata. and "quality time." ?! ne sono dannatamente stanco, can't you give me a break?! i'm just a child!"

she could practically see his arrogant face as he answered her. "non dimenticare chi sono, i can ruin you. i'm being nice now, sakura, don't push it. you forget that your father listens to me. what would he think of you if i told him how your attitude is? you don't want a repeat now of the last time you got punished, now, do we?"

the implied threat made a chill run down sakura's spine. "dai, lasciami in pace! i'm sorry then, okay? just- don't come tonight, i'm not staying at home today, okay? please? arriverderci." she cut the call quickly, trying not to think about what the man had said.

daniel, who had heard the whole conversation, wore a worried expression on his face. he could speak italian fluently, being italian himself, and couldn't help but feel a fatherly sense of  protection toward sakura. he had made a promise to mr miyagi all those years ago that'd he'd protect her no matter what, and though he couldn't find sakura for 10 years, now that she was here he wouldn't dishonor the promise he made.