1.

[fav chocolate?]

* * *

JET-LAGGED WAS AN UNDERSTATEMENT. sakura felt like she could've fallen over any moment. luckily, she didn't, and the music blasting through her earphones gave her motivation as she stepped down the plane with her father trailing behind her. 13 hours. that's how long they had been in the air for. it was 4 a.m. on a Tuesday when they'd left, and due to the time difference, it was 11 a.m. on a Monday when they'd arrived. sakura messaged her friends saying "wtf i literally went back in time."

their new house was large, as expected, and already filled with expensive furniture, courtesy to her fathers many connections. the large oak doors opened up to reveal high ceilings with lengthy hallways. marble countertops lied everywhere and the cream colored walls were adorned with beautiful, no doubt expensive paintings. sakura wondered why, for once, her father couldn't have just chosen a small, cute one story apartment.

though her and shintaro had flown on the same plane, they didn't sit next to each other nor did they speak to each other. when she thought about it, sakura realized she did actually only speak to her father an average of once or twice a week. thrice, if she was lucky. often she didn't even see her fathers face for months at a time. he was always out and about, and sometimes sakura wondered if he'd actually notice had she died or disappeared. however, shintaro was always the first to know if she messed up or even make a minor mistake. and when that happened...well, she didn't want to think about it.

her en-suite room, which was on the second floor, was larger than the last. it was plain with stark white walls, her father leaving the decorating up to her. there was a large bed, and glass sliding doors which led to an outdoor balcony. the cupboards were sliding cupboards in the form of mirrors and other than the bed, there wasn't much furniture. however, she did notice a turn table along with many new vinyls that rested on the table. huh. how thoughtful, sakura thought as she raised an immaculate eyebrow. realizing that this may the the first and only day she'll have free before she needs to get back into life, she decided to collapse on her bed and pass out.

sakura woke up at 8 p.m. feeling slightly better than earlier. she wanted to go take a walk, get used to the Californian air. so, sakura pulled on a large hoodie and sweatpants of hers, and made her way to her fathers study. she usually didn't ask him for anything, but she really needed the house keys. with shintaro never being at home, whenever sakura did have free time (which was usually never) she could (somewhat) do what she wanted. her father didn't really care as long as it did not tarnish their reputation.

it took her a while to find his study in that maze of a house. when she did, she pushed open the large oak doors and was met with the annoyed face of shintaro who was on a phone call. sakura was shocked to see him actually there. he was swearing vulgarly at that person in korean, but stopped and raised an eyebrow when he saw his daughter. sakura took this as her cue to talk.