The Train

Rose's point of view:

I'm so excited I can hardly sleep.
Tomorrow I will go to Hogwarts for my first year. My cousin, Albus Potter is also starting his first year. I already read my school books and got all my supplies from Diagon Ally . My parents, but Ron and Hermione Weasley, and my aunts and uncles told me so much about it. I just wish I first years were allowed to play Quidich on their house teams. Dad says I'll make a great Keeper. I grab Buttercup, my fat ginger cat that my I got for my tenth birthday.
I walk into the bathroom and stare and myself in the miror. I have ginger hair and freckles just like all the Weasleys.
My eyes are blue like my dad's. I grab brush and try to tame my bushy hair I inherited from my mum. My cousin James says it looks like a huge red bush. I have tons of cousins. Some of them are already going to Hogwarts.

"Rose", my brother Hugo calls, " Mum says it's time to go."
I race down the stairs, I can't believe I'm actually going to Hogwarts!!!
"Do you have everything you need sweetheart?" Asked my mum.
"Yes mum,I'm all set." I reply.
My dad kisses my on the cheek. "Come on let's get going" he says.

When we finally get to Kings Cross I can barely contain my excitement. I follow my Dad as leads us to the border between platforms 9 and 10. My dad and I run through first. As we get closer to the wall, I start to get nervous. Then we are on the other side. I look around taking it all in. Children carrying owls and toads,the gleaming Hogwarts Express. My Dad puts down my trunk and we move out of the way as Mum and Hugo come through.

About ten minutes later the Potters arrive.
I hug my aunt Ginny and my cousin Lily. Albus is talking to his dad.
"How are you feeling Rose?" Asked my aunt Ginny.
"I'm so excited!!!"
"That's good," she says "Albus is scared to death."
"Why?" My mum asked.
"He's worried he won't be in Griffindoor.
Al (Albus), walked back with his dad. James came sprinting up to us with huge smile on his face.
"Guess what I just saw!" He said, "Our Teddy snogging our Victorie. When I asked him what they were doing he told me to go away."
"You interrupted them?" Said my aunt Ginny sounding a lot like grandma Weasley. "You are so much like Ron."
"Remember" said my dad to me and Al "If you're sorted into Slytherin, we'll disown you." My aunt Ginny and mum told Al they were kidding but he did not look convinced.

My dad was pointing something out to uncle Harry, or rather someone.
"So there's little Scorpius."
I followed their gaze. They were looking at a boy about my age with platinum blonde hair and grey eyes.
Sanding next to him was a man who looked nearly identical to him and a pretty woman with shiny dark hair who I assumed were his parents.
"Make sure you beat him at every test Rosie" said my dad. "Thank god you inherited your mothers brains."
"Ron" said my mother "don't make them enemies before they've even met."
"Okay, are you sure you have everything, all your books,clothes, We are going to miss you so much." Mum looked like she was about to start crying.
"I have everything, don't worry about me." "Why is everyone staring?"
"Don't let it bother you, I'm extremely famous." Said my Dad.
I hugged and kissed them goodbye then me and Al got on the train. As we waved to our parents I saw my mum was crying.

James, who was now in second year, Al's older brother walked over to us.
"So"he said in a mocking voice "Is ickle Albus ready to be sorted into slytherin?"
"I will not be sorted into slytherin." Al snapped.
"Come on, let's find a compartment."
We found an empty compartment and about one minute after we sat down the door slide open. It was the boy from earlier, the one my Dad told me to beat in every test.
"Hi, do you mind if sit here, everywhere else is full"
I was going to tell about what my dad said but before I could he told the boy he could.
"Hi I'm Albus Potter."
"Scorpius Malfoy."
I could tell Al recognized the name Malfoy and it looked like Scorpius recognized the name Potter.
"And I'm Rose Weasley."
Scorpius gave a small, but genuine smile. "Nice to meet you both."

Through the train ride we played many games of exploding snap and talked about Quidich. Maybe Scorpius wasn't that bad.

The snack trolly came. I open all my chocolate frogs and got one of my dad. I put it in my pocket to mail to him later, he always wanted to be on a chocolate frog card.
"So, what house do you think you'll be in." I asked.
"Both my parents were in slytherin so I probably will be too." "What about you?"Scorpius asked.
"Both my parent were in Griffindoor but I wouldn't mind being in ravenclaw."

The train pulled into the station. We walked over Hagrid with the other first years.
"Albus, Rose, good ta see ya!"Hagrid's voice boomed.
"Hello Hargrid!" Al and I said.