Eight

{Meeting Milica Murray-Jokic)
Jamal Murray- 9 months and 39 weeks pregnant

{ Master Bedroom }
Denver, Colorado
1:00pm,

Jamal was watching BTS Burn the Stage TV when he gets up from the bed and starts feeling contractions. He goes to Roger and Branislav who were both watching TV and Branislav gets up from the couch. "You okay there Jamal?" "No Pa, I'm having contractions and it hurts!" He moaned. "What? Okay, let's go upstairs in the room. Roger, go get the gloves, sterilized pads and the oil for the baby's head to come out," "Okay Branislav," Roger nodded. Next, he takes him to the room, lifts Jamal's nightgown that shows his baby bump. Nikola wakes up to see him crying in pain. "It's alright my love, just breathe. Let's count the contractions, okay?" He nodded and placed him gently on the bed next to him.

"Babe, it really hurts!" He whimpered. "I know my love, I know. It will be over soon," Nikola positions Jamal to lay next to him knowing how selfless he was when it comes to their kids.

2:30pm,

Roger placed the thin blanket around Jamal to keep him relaxed during labor. "Want your dad Roger to massage your belly Jamal?" He asked. "Yes please dad," "Okay," He said. Next, he goes behind Jamal and began massaging his baby bump that was huge. "Dad, you know I always have a fear of giving birth because it still hurts every time I go in labor," "It's alright Jamal, I know. I know it hurts," His father embraces his heavily pregnant son. "I'll measure the baby's size on your belly," It got to the point when he had a worried look on his face and said. "Dad, what if the baby is going to be at nine pounds?" Concerning for the baby's weight knowing that it will take a while to fit through Jamal's pelvis. He never misses tons of doctor's appointments and more importantly, his visits to his obstetrician during pregnancy. "So what happened?" "The baby is going to be eight pounds at birth," Roger replied to Branislav's question.

3:15pm,

Next, he kneels down on the bed with his arms on his face. Yet, his contractions kept getting stronger causing him to moan. "Let's go for walks okay?" He nodded and went on a walk with his father. While they walk around the block, Jamal wanted to hear the baby's cry. "I know but the baby is still in your womb Jamal," His father tells him. "Just give your body some time to prepare for the birth," They walked for 5-10 minutes before going back inside the house to give Jamal some time for the body to do the work.

"Just let your body do its work okay?" He instructed. "How about this? I'll check your cervix for the signs of dilation," Roger checked on his cervix and he was at 9 centimeters dilated. Branislav puts the pillow where he will be laying down.

4:55pm,

"Mom! Dad! The bed is wet!" Jamal shouted as Branislav ran to the room. "What's wrong Jamal?" Sylvia went to him. "Mom I'm sorry that I wet your bed," He sobbed realizing his water had broke. Branislav came to see what had happened. "What happened?" "Jamal's water just broke! Let's lift his nightgown more, but heads up, Stu we it will show his baby baby bump," Sylvia answered. "Okay, just have him push on the bed and if it doesn't work, just have him push in the shower," "Okay," She nodded and prepared the sterilized pads for him to sit on just to start pushing.

5:00pm,

Nikola goes behind Jamal as he was getting ready to start pushing. Branislav lifts Jamal's nightgown and ties it at the back. "Okay, I see that the baby is about to come out," He said checking on his cervix. Roger goes on the side and puts on his gloves. "Are you ready for the baby to come out son?" He nods while Nikola caressed his hair. "I'm right here with you my love. I'll never leave you," Jamal smiled before he starts to push. Roger has his hands on the belly and then the right leg. "Alright! It's time to start," Moments later, Jamal started pushing.