Part 1

"Ugh, you're heavy, you know that?" Lance grumped as he dragged his almost unconscious friend toward his bedroom. Keith groaned something incomprehensible and he groaned back mockingly. "Jeez, what the quiznack was in that drink? I hope everyone else is alright." His mind flashed to Allura's blushed, innocent face and he sighed. "Why am I stuck taking care of you and not...I dunno, anyone else? God why did I have to say no? I could be drunk or high or...whatever this is right now, and maybe I'd accidentally wander into Allura's room and accidentally sleep in the same bed as her. No, he reminded himself sadly, ol' mustache would whip out some Altean magic and blast me halfway across the universe if he found us like that. I'll just have to see what's happening to mister grumpy red over here and decide if I'll join in next time.

His arm was starting to burn by the time they reached Kieth's room, but the red Paladin had regained enough consciousness to half-walk on his own, which lessened the weight a little bit. His eyes were half lidded, and his face was still flushed bright red, almost matching his jacket.

"Alright, buddy boy, it's nap time," he hummed, dumping Keith unceremoniously onto the bed with a thud. The boy blinked drunkenly, his eyes drifting around the room before catching onto Lance and staying there.

"Oh, good, you're conscious." That means I don't have to take his shoes off, he internally celebrated, stretching his arm and starting toward the door. "Whelp, I guess that means I'll be going now. Maybe I can help Allu—"

Keith narrowed his eyes, and before Lance could even react, a click sounded and the door slammed down right next to him. He yelped and stumbled back, mind running through all the ways that could've mortally wounded him, before crashing into Keith, who was suddenly standing behind him. His weight pushed Lance back toward the closed door, and a large hand slammed the wall next to his head, caging him between the wall, the door, and his fellow, drunk Paladin.

"You're not leaving again." His voice was low and dangerous, but shaking so badly it seemed like it might break at any second.

"Uh..." Lance wasn't quite sure if he should be trying to calm him down, defending himself, or running away. Something was definitely off, and not just that weird space juice. He'd never seen Kieth act this way—so dangerous yet so raw at the same time.

"You keep showing up here," Keith growled, dropping his head to stare at the white floor but not letting him go. "I told you not to come back. I told you I can't deal with it anymore!"

"Listen, dude, you're high on mystery space juice right now." Lance sighed, pushing his chest away with as gentle a hand as he could muster through the annoyance. "This is all some hallucination, and man am I glad I didn't drink any. Let's just—"

The black haired boy grabbed his hand roughly, holding it just in front of his chest, covered by his tight black shirt. Lance tugged back half-heartedly, but his grip tightened, holding it in place. Keith looked up, his face twisted in pain.

"Why can't I have a dream without you in it?" he whispered hoarsely, his voice finally breaking on the last word. Lance flinched, mind racing to find an answer to what the hell was going on here. A dream...with him? Keith's dream...with him. A bad dream? Considering how much the red Paladin hated him, it had to be...

But that look in his eyes, the fog clearing for a split second to show the broken heart behind it...there was no mistaking that. Lance had seen it many times in the mirror after getting rejected from countless girls.

Keith was lovesick.