Part 10

"W-Wow..." He gulped, swallowing all the crazy things he wanted to say, and ended up just grinning like an idiot. Something told him this was right; that this was where he was meant to be and who he was meant to be with. Sure, not all of him was gung-ho ready to agree just yet, but most of him was alright with this. "Keith, I—"

"Ahhhhhh-haaaaaaa...Damn, how long was I out for?" Hunk's voice wondered from around the corner, and the two lept a good couple meters apart, scrambling to find their respective activities, or at least something that didn't scream 'we were about to make out!' The yellow Paladin peeked around the corner, face lighting up when he saw them, and rushed over to where Lance was wiping an already dry dish with an already damp towel.

"Oh! Well look who decided to join us!" Lance teased, his voice shaky from trying to hide all the built up excitement and nervousness from before. "You were totally passed out."

"Yeah, that stuff hit me hard. Hi Keith."

"Y-Yeah. Same," the red Paladin grumbled, still deeply concentrated on fixing an unbroken circuit board in the wall. Hunk gave Lance a confused look and he shrugged, giving his best 'Who knows? It's just Keith' expression.

"Wait..." Hunk's eyes drifted from him to Keith to the two unwashed plates, understanding dawning in his eyes. Lance flinched, panic rising in his chest and being discovered just after it had all been sorted out, but the boy just picked up a clean plate, giving his blurry reflection a disappointed frown. "Did I miss breakfast?"

"Oh...Yeah." Lance tried not to give his relief away, and out of the corner of his eye, he could see Keith let out a strained breath. "But there's probably more, so..."

"Oh, thank goodness!" Hunk threw himself onto Lance with a pitiful expression, tears welling in his eyes. "Lance, you have no idea how awful it was! The room was spinning, everyone was yelling, I was being attacked, I thought it was over! I saw my life flashing before my eyes—all the food I never ate! All the hugs I never ga-haave!" he sobbed into his chest, and he glanced over at Keith, who gave him a joking look. Sharing that little moment made his heart jump in a way he'd only felt when he was little, talking with elementary school crushes.

"Listen," he coaxed, pulling Hunk to his feet and turning him toward the main room. "Why don't we get you some food, and then you'll feel better?"

"A-Alright..." Hunk sniffled, wiping at his eyes and letting Lance lead him out. He could feel Keith's sharp gaze watching them, but he didn't look back. For now, this was all they could do.