Part 5

Ngh! Ah! Keith...

Can I move now?

Y-Yes...Mmph—Ah!

Lance, does it feel good?

It...

Lance's eyes flew open, and he bolted up in bed, glancing around his blurry room in a half-asleep panic. There was one to be seen, and none of his electronics had been touched, which meant he'd been alone the whole night. The whole night...

The memories flooded into his head all at once and he felt his heart drop a good couple feet.

No, no, no, no, no! What the actual fuck was that!? No way I just dreamt about...that! Happening! To! Me!? With Keith!? Am I...into this? No way. Well, I mean, I guess I've always admired him, somewhere deep, deep down. And I sometimes get worried when I can't find him, and I like talking to him and...Oh shit.

Not feeling any less confused than the night before, he rose to his feet shakily, running a hand through his short hair and letting out a long sigh. There were three ways to deal with this: pretend it never happened, tease Keith about it, or accept it and try to make it work; the hardest one, of course. Why did this have to happen? What if it tore Team Voltron apart? But now that it had, there was nothing to do but accept it. And that started with talking to Keith.

He took a confident step toward the door, which swept open for him, shining bright light on his pajamas, tired eyes, and bed head.

Okay, he'd start with talking to Keith...after he changed.

A few minutes later, he was dressed in his usual attire and strutting down the glowing blue and white hallway, toward the dining room, or living room or...whatever that space was called. His heart synched up with his footsteps at one point—which was cool, but also worrying—before speeding off ahead of him, running laps around his already sprinting thoughts, which he was trying, and failing, not to hear.

What am I gonna say to him? Does he remember anything? Oh shit, what if he doesn't? Am I going to have to tell him about what...happened last night? I can't really just act like nothing happened, but wow do I not want to. Should I try to be alone with him for us to have an actual talk? Not that I really want to be alone with him right now...

And of course, the question he really didn't want to think about: How do I feel about Keith? Do I like him? As a friend? Yeah, I guess. As more? ...Aghhh I don't know! Why didn't I mind what happened last night as much as any normal person who didn't like the person doing that to them would? Why have I never questioned this before? Plus, I always thought I was straight, so this brings a whole other bunch of problems. Damn you, you stupid handsome emo boy!