51

season 5 episode 7

Ghost Stories
🚨

Lindsey watched as the 118 pulled up to the scene. As they got out and started to grab their gear, Lindsey gave them the run down. "Victims name is Edgar Hill. He told dispatch that he was carjacked. Got shot and buried in some sort of coffin out here."

Bobby nodded, "Based on the size of an average male, the box is probably 86 by 30 inches. That's 45 feet of cubic space, most of which is taken up by Edgar. So he's got ten minutes to an hours worth of air left."

"We don't know how long he's been underground, right?" Buck asked as the group began to walk. Lindsey shook her head, "We don't know how long or which piece of ground he's under. Cell towers can only limit the search by so much."

"Let's fan out!" Bobby yelled.

Lindsey turned on her flashlight as she walked along other officers and firefighters. It was gonna be a long night.

30 minutes into the search, station 118 found something. Lindsey ran over and watched as Buck, Ravi, and multiple others started to dig at the ground.

They reached the coffin and pulled off the top. They grabbed the man and pulled him out of the coffin. After assessing him, they got him on a gurney and wheeled him towards the ambulance.

"Lindsey Scott, I was wondering when I'd see you." A voice called from behind her and she turned to see who it was. Forcing a smile on her face, she responded, "Jonah Ripley, i'm guessing you're working this case?"

"Correction, we're working this case." Lindsey raised a brow at the man's words. His smile stayed as he continued to say, "You know, Scott. When I found out you transferred, I was hoping we'd get to work together."

Lindsey resisted the urge to roll her eyes as she said, "I'm sure you were." Jonah's eyes stayed on her as he nodded, "Now here we are."

"Ehem."

The two were pulled from their conversation at the sound. Lindsey turned to see her friends standing there, she had completely forgotten they were there. "Lindsey, you gonna introduce us?" Hen asked, a small smirk on her face. Lindsey's eyes moved to Bobby who wore a curious look, and then to Buck who had a confused look.

"Right, uh...Jonah, this is Henrietta Wilson, Evan Buckley, and Captain Bobby Nash with the 118. Guys, this is Detective Jonah Ripley." Lindsey introduced them and they all said their hellos, except for Buck who just continued to look between Jonah and Lindsey.