87

season 7 episode 1

Abandon Ships
🚨

"Ma'am, please, you need to stay back."

Lindsey held her arms out and tried to get the crowd to back up. "Please just go back to your homes. The LAFD can't work if you are in the way." She let out a sigh as the people listened and slowly backed away, their eyes still stuck on the destroyed house.

Lindsey's head turned to see the firefighters making their way towards the home. The firefighter with Buckley written on the back turned his head till his eyes met hers. He shot her a wink and she nodded back with a smile.

After a few moments, Lindsey saw Buck making his way out of the destroyed home and towards her. "How's it looking?" She asked and he sighed, "Not great. There's a dummy bomb attached to the jet but it's still explosive. Hen is on the phone right now with the pilot. He's gonna walk us through how to diffuse it."

"Oh my god," Lindsey said as she let out a breath, "And what happens if it doesn't get diffused correctly?"

Placing his hands on her waist, his thumbs rubbing against her stomach, he said, "Just...stay back. I don't need you or the baby hurt." Lindsey scoffed lightly, "And I don't need you dead."

Bitting her lip, she let her hands trail up his arms, "Just...be careful, please."

"I will." He nodded and then leaned forward to kiss her forehead. He gave her one last smile before making his way back into the home.

Lindsey watched until she couldn't see him anymore, and then she took a breath and turned to the people behind her. "Alright, for your safety, I need everyone to take multiple steps back."

Once the crowd was safe, Lindsey adjusted her radio so she was on the same station as the 118. As she listened, her hand twisted at the engagement ring on her left hand.

"Okay, first carefully remove the trigger housing from the nose." An unfamiliar voice said and Lindsey figured it must be the pilot. Then Eddie's voice came through the radio, "Trigger cap is removed. What now?" She thanked god that Eddie had some experience with bombs. She felt a bit better that he was there.

"Okay. Go ahead and snip that red wire...But first, disconnect the white low voltage coupling." The pilot said.

"Okay, Joe. Voltage coupling disconnected."

"Okay, go ahead and cut that green wire." Lindsey's brows furrowed. Didn't he originally say red? This time Bucks voice came through the radio, "Uh...Green? You...you said red."