22

season 3 episode 14

The Taking of Dispatch 9-1-1🚨

🚨

Lindsey's morning had been pretty boring. Her and Athena had just been driving around, patrolling the areas. It had been awhile since they had gotten a call but they weren't complaining. Lindsey was texting with Penelope while Athena was on the phone with May.

Lindsey heard Athena hang up the call. Looking up she saw that there had been an accident. "Looks like they've been sitting here for awhile. How come no one responded to the scene?" Lindsey asked. Athena shrugged, "Who knows."

They got out of the car and made their way over to the scene. A man and a woman seemed to be arguing back and forth. "Okay, folks. Settle down. Why don't you each go to your own car and let us sort this out." Athena told them. The man shook his head, "We were in the same car."

"That's my husband."

Lindsey looked over at Athena with wide eyes. "Okay, anybody call 9-1-1?" The lady looked at Lindsey confused, "Isn't that why you two are here?"

"727-Adam-30, they're requesting you at 19124 Sunset. Assault and battery in progress."

"Copy. Dispatch, at 9th and Los Angeles. Non injury car accident." Athena spoke into her radio.

"Yes. Units are already en route to that location. Please proceed to assault and battery in progress."

"Copy that."

Lindsey looked back over to the woman, "Ok, officers are on their way. Try not to kill each other before they get here."

When they pulled up to the scene there were already multiple officers there. Athena rolled down her window, "You mean to tell me it took four of you to subdue a two person brawl and then you called for us?"

"We didn't call you. Still trying to figure out who called us. Jackson already had the fight handled when we rolled up. Maybe dispatch had a late night last night?" Officer Williams said. "Maybe." Lindsey shrugged while Athena grabbed her walkie, "Dispatch, is there a reason you sent four officers to break up a fight? Six now including us."

"Sorry Sergeant, we're having some technical difficulties this morning. Apologies for the mix up."

"Hey, is that incident downtown taken care of?" She asked dispatch.