Chapter Eight

"She'll be okay, it's a good thing you called fast. This could've ended up in a tragedy." I felt relief all over my body as the doctor spoke. Thank God she's okay.

"So everything will be fine?" Justin spoke up, standing next to him. I was actually surprised by him. I never thought he'd be the type of guy to be with me in this situation. I thought he was just like any other guy, and that all he wanted with me was to have fun.

It actually made me feel like smiling. In fact, I am smiling. I probably look like an idiot right now, but I don't care. I still don't know if I should tell him how I feel about him.

I mean, I'm not saying I'm in love with him or something like that. I don't really believe you can love someone without knowing them, and I barely know a thing about Justin. I never spend any time with him. All I do is insult him and be mean to him.

I snapped back to reality as I realized I was still standing in front of the Doctor, and Justin was next to me. I turned to look at them, and they were both staring at me with curious eyes.

Told you I looked like an idiot.

"So, when can I see her?" I asked, brushing away all the thoughts about Justin.

"You may see her now." the doctor replied.

"Thank you so much." I said, and gave him a hug. He must think I'm crazy. I don't even know him. Great, now he thinks I'm and idiot, and I'm crazy.

I ran towards the room and slowly opened the door to reveal my mom on the hospital bed. She was sleeping, but I guess I wasn't quiet enough because she opened her eyes as soon as I closed the door.

"Hi honey." she greeted me with a small smile.

"Hi mom."

"Who brought you here?" She asked, still smiling. "You didn't come with me on the ambulance."

I sat down next to her and smiled.

"Wane wanted to go with you on the ambulance, so I came with Justin. Frankie came a few minutes later." I finished.

"Oh." she said before a smirk appeared on her face. "Justin?"

"Mom. Don't start." I warned. "I don't like him."

"Yeah, and I was born yesterday." she continued, sending me a wink.

"I don't like him!" I groaned.

"Okay. If you say so." she shrugged. "But, I mean, I'll see you in a few months. Maybe weeks I'd say."

"Mom."

"Why can't you just accept the fact that you like him!" She yelled laughing.

"Because I don't!" I yelled back, starting to laugh. "I don't know."

"There it is! See! You're not sure if you don't like him." she pointed at me excitedly. "Because you do!"

"Okay-mom, let's not talk about me. Let's talk about your health." I changed the subject.

"But I want to talk about your crush on Justin!" She said, making a sad face.

"I do not have a crush on him!" Just then, the door cracked open.

My heart almost stopped when I saw him. Thank God he didn't come a few seconds ago.

"May I come in?" He asked.

"Yeah, sure Justin." mom replied. I glared at her, basically warning her to not say anything. She just nodded with a smirk. "So how are you?"

"I'm fine." he said, turning to look at me. "But it's not me you should be worried about mrs. Grande." Mrs. Grande. Pfft. He wants to sound so formal.