Chapter Twenty Five

:Recap:

"Miss Grande?"

It takes me some time, but I slowly open my eyes to see the same nurse from earlier. I smile at her as I get up.

"Sorry," I laugh. "I fell asleep."

"I noticed." She chuckles. "We have to make some studies, and since you can go home tomorrow, I suggest you take some rest." She smiles.

I nod, and place a kiss on Justin's cheek before leaving the room, but as I close the door behind me and turn around, I'm greeted by the last person I expected to see.

"Ariana." He was covered in bruises, and his face was almost unrecognizable, but I knew exactly who he was. How couldn't I?

"Jason."

"It's nice to see you too."

-

::Jason::

"Wh– oh my God. What happened?" Before I could even process what she was doing, her tiny arms were wrapped around my waist in a light–but long hug.

"It's okay. I'm fine, I'm alive, right? That's what matters." I smile, staring at her for a moment. "Are you okay?"

There was silence. A really uncomfortable one. Until she looked down, her voice now lower than before. "I'm not sure."

I wanted to know why she said that, but I also knew the situation going on, and that held me back from asking. I didn't want to pressure her.

"Hey, it's okay. It'll get better." I say, giving her a small hug. "How is he?"

I regret asking the moment I see her release that long, painful sigh she was holding. "He's, he's fine, but I honestly don't know if he'll be okay."

I furrow my eyebrows at her words. Maybe I'm dumb, but I couldn't understand what she meant. She seemed to notice, and took a deep breath.

"You can't see him right now, I suggest you come tomorrow. Then you'll understand."

"Oh–okay." I nod. "The doctor told me you can leave tomorrow, you should go get some rest."

"Yeah, I– that's what I was going to do, yeah." She smiled. There was so much tension in her body, she could barely stop moving in her spot.

"Hey– I'll go with you." I smile back at her, and she nods, walking with me. She leads me to her room, and I sit on the chair next to her bed, just talking to her, trying to make her feel a little bit better.

She was a little more relaxed once she told me everything, and thanked me for staying with her for a few hours, since her mom and brother left to get the house ready for when she went tomorrow.

However, she refused to actually sleep, and demanded to hear what happened to me.

"It's nothing, Ari. Don't worry about me." I assure her, even though I knew she wasn't going to let this go.

"No, it's not. You should go check, you look nothing but okay, Jason." I roll my eyes at her worried tone. "Who did this to you? Was it Jeremy?"

"No." I answer back. "Actually, it was under his orders. Four of his men."
She was about to say something, but closed her mouth and just grabbed my hand.

"But I'm fine. Really." I smile.

"Okay." She smiles back. I let go of her hand, and place a kiss on her forehead.

"Justin is really lucky to have you." And with that, I exit the room.

I have nowhere to go, so I decide to just walk around, since going back to my place is too risky. It's not that walking around this late isn't risky, but it's safer than walking straight to my death.

I heard one of the guys that used to work for me took complete control of the gang, and won't hesitate to kill whoever wants to take that power away from him.

He doesn't have to worry about me. There's no way in hell I'm going back to that shit.

I sigh, before I put my hoodie on and exit the hospital, into the cold rain and dark night.

-

This is like an incredibly small chapter, pretty much like a filler lol.

I also have no idea what the picture has to do with the chapter but whatever lmao