They Don't Know About Us - 3

"They don't know what you've done to my heart"

I walked into mum's office, she's sitting at her desk working. "Ah Harold, thank you for coming. I'm glad that stable boy was able to find you, dim witted lad that one."

"His name is Niall mum, he's been my best friend for years now." I say quietly, sitting down.

"Right, anyways I wanted you to know I planned a romantic date for you and your chosen girl of the night, there will be a picnic set up in the gardens near the lake. The chef prepared chocolate covered strawberries and other treats for the two of you." She smiles excitedly.

"Mum... I don't want to go on a date, not really. Can I just hang out with my new friends tonight?" I ask cautiously.

"What new friends?"

"Louis and the other two guys I met, they're cool, I'd like to hang out with Louis." I repeat.

"Harry," mum says in a sincere tone. "You have to go on a date with one of the girls. It's your job to get married to a girl, become king, and continue the family line."

"But what if that's not what I want to do exactly." I mumble.

She raises her eyebrow. "What do you mean?" I've never openly shown my distaste for wanting to become king, I've always feared what the backlash could be.
"I... I don't know if I want to be king. I don't know if I want to marry a girl right now, or ever. I'm just imagining my future the way it's planned out for me... and I'm not happy." I say quietly, wrapping my arms around me in comfort preparing for the worst.

"Harold, have me and your father not given you enough? We've set up a whole life for you, a life people would dream of having. And you just don't want it because you're unhappy? I care about you and your feelings but this is what's best for you." She says sternly. "Now leave and go choose a girl to join you on your date."

I get up without another word and leave the room, heading quickly back up to my room and entering. I look up to see all the guys there, Louis, Niall, brown hair, and black hair.

"I need a minute." I mumble, walking into my room, and closing the door behind me. Going and sitting on my bed.

I hate this room. Its gray walls and what my mum described as 'manly' decoration that involve little to nothing in the room. It's awful. I still remember when I was nine and asked if we could paint my room pink and she lectured me on why that was wrong and left my room gray. I've asked to hang up posters and other decorations but she told me they looked messy and unprofessional.

I feel a couple tears falling from my face but I quickly wipe them away. I shouldn't cry, future kings don't cry, that's what my father also taught me as a toddler.

"Harry?" I hear, looking up to see Louis standing in my doorway, entering the room and closing the door behind him.

No one's ever been in my room before, not my mom, not my dad. They never read me bedtime stories or tucked me in at night. The maids would come in and get my dirty clothes and change my sheets, but my parents never would see me.

When I was younger I would also push Gemma out of my room, saying it was a boys only zone, that was another way of saying it's just for me. I regret not letting her hang out with me more now.

But now here Louis stands in my room, walking over towards my bed.

"Are you okay?" He asked, sitting down beside me slowly, looking over at me. I wiped the tears off my face, nodding.

"Yeah I'm fine, of course I'm fine. I'm always fine." I say, trying to fake a smile.

"Harry... it's okay to not be fine, you know? It's okay to be sad, it's normal. You don't have to tell me what's going on but if you want to I'm here for you, yeah?" Louis says, resting his hand on my shoulder.