Seeing Blind - 5

"I was young, my heart was always on the run"

I woke up the next morning to the sound of my door opening and little footsteps on my floor. I look up to find Daisy and Phoebe standing there giggling at me.

"Well good morning." I say, propping my head up and looking at them.

"You look silly when you sleep." Phoebe says.

"Thanks?" I say in response, hearing some louder footsteps and then seeing Louis standing in the doorway.

"Girls, I told you not to bother him while I got dressed!" He scolds, motioning for them to leave the room. The twins leave him sighing, "sorry if they bothered you, a mischievous duo, them two."

I sit up fully, the comforter falling off of my exposing my naked chest. "It's all good, they seem like nice kids. Give me a moment to get dressed and then we can head to breakfast, yeah?"

Louis suddenly seems a little off, avoiding looking at me for some reason and fidgeting with his hands.

"Um... yeah sure, I'll just... go." He practically runs out of the room, the twins laughing heard in the distance.
Well that was odd.

I stood up, sliding a shirt over my head and changing my pants before walking back outside where Louis sat reading to the kids.

"Ready to go?" I ask them, all three of them looking up at me at the same time.

"Yep." Louis closes the book and stands up, the four of us walking out of the room and downstairs to the dining hall.

It appears we were entering breakfast late because everyone else was already seated and suddenly me and Louis just barged in with two toddlers causing all heads to turn and look at us. Well this is a great way to start the day.

"Glad you could finally join us." Father says loudly, everyone in the room hearing his distaste for my slow arrival.

"Sorry sir, I overslept." I say, I notice there was only three open chairs on the right side for Louis and his sisters, leaving me sitting beside Kendall and Lottie on the whole other side of the table.

"So Harold," my mother says from the other side of where Kendall is sitting, catching the attention of most of the people on this side of the table. "Any plans for today?"

"I was hoping today could just be an alone day for me, maybe work on some studying." I lied, knowing me and Louis already had plans.

"Harold, don't you think since all these girls are here you should at least be around them?" She asks.

"They are free to be around me when I'm done studying." I mumble, eating a piece of bacon.

"Good." She says.

The rest of breakfast goes by slowly, everyone eventually finishing eating and then we are dismissed.
"Are you ready to head out?" I ask Louis as we walk down the hallway.

"Yes, I'm excited." He grins as we exit the castle and walk towards the stables.

"Me too, I promise you, it's the prettiest place in the world- not that I've ever traveled anywhere else but I just know it." I smile.

We enter the stables, Niall nowhere in sight. "Niall?" I call out, no response. "Niallllll!" I say a little louder, peeking my head in the stall he normally sleeps in finding him curled up in a ball passed out.

I take out the cinnamon roll I wrapped in a napkin from my pocket and throw it on to him, waking him up.

"Thanks mate." He mumbles, sitting up and looking down at the cinnamon roll.