Ready to Run - 11

"There will always be the kind that criticize, but I know, yes I know we'll be alright"

Time has gone by and there's only a little under a week till my wedding. I still don't know who I'm marrying, and to be honest I don't really care. I wouldn't be happy either way.

I've just been crying in my room for days upon end, wondering how my parents could be so heartless. I thought they cared about me, why can't they let me be with who I love?

And Louis.

How is he? Is he okay? Did he make it home safely?
I wish he was here right now. I wish I was cuddled beside him in my bed, not laying here alone in the cold empty sheets. I feel numb. I hear a knock at my door and sit up to see the waiter I recognize as Luke carrying in my breakfast.

"Good morning, your highness." He smiled sadly, bringing over the tray and sitting it on my bedside table.

"Good morning Luke." I responded.

"Are you doing better this morning?" He asked, pouring me a cup of coffee.

"Not really, no. I don't want to be here, I don't understand my parents." I sigh, thanking him quietly as he hands me the coffee cup.

"I'm sorry, I heard what happened. It's not very fair to you." He sighs, glancing at the door cautiously. "I heard from Micheal that the guards will lessen their patrols tonight due to it being Calum's birthday, they'll be gathering for a party. That would be a good opportunity to..."

"Sneak out?" I ask, the idea feeling foreign. Sure I've ran off to my little waterfall area before to decompress, which my parents have forbidden me from ever doing again, but I've never sneaked out to go to the town.

"Yes, it's just a suggestion sir. I best get going, have a good day." He smiles, walking outside.

I sit up, grabbing the food from the nightstand and eating breakfast. My newly short hair falls in front of my face causing me to huff, trying to push it back on my head. I hate it.

I've also read through all of Gemma's letters. She talks about how she's doing, asks how I am, and asks about how mother and father are treating me. And I didn't receive any of it. The letters were opened, meaning father had read them.

Why did he keep them from me?

I finish eating and move my plate back to my bedside table. I get out of bed and go to the bathroom, getting ready for the day. I'm going to actually leave my room today.

Might even leave the castle.

I get dressed and walk out of my room, peaking into the corridor first to make sure I didn't see my parents.
I haven't seen them since they brought the priest into my living room area so that he could try and 'help me'. Fuck them honestly they aren't my parents anymore.
I walk down the hallway to Taylor's room, knocking on the door.

She opened it, shock appearing on her face when she saw me. "Oh my god Harry, come in." She says, looking down the hallway to make sure no one else was there before pulling me inside.

"Are you okay? I heard what happened..."

"They took him away from me." I mumble, staring at the ground.

"I know, I'm sorry." She frowns.

"I wanna get him back, and I need your help." I say, looking up and meeting her eyes.

"What can I do?"

"I want you to stay in my room tonight, so that if my parents or a maid enter you can just tell them we're on a date or something. I'm going to leave the castle. I was tipped off by a waiter that security is low tonight. I can sneak out." I say, her nodding slowly as she processes.