Happily - 8

"I just want it to be you and I forever"

(Warning: brief mention of Simon Cowell)

The handful of days after were filled with more secret kisses and dates with the girls.

It turns out I was correct with my assumption that Lottie knew about Louis and I, so when it came time for our date it was more of a casual lunch between friends.

Currently it's the afternoon, I sit in my office working on my studies. It's a boring tedious process, school. I hate it. I should finish up all of my work in May and then I'm officially free... until I'm forced to marry a girl and become King.

But we don't like thinking about that.

Suddenly I hear a knock at the door looking up to see my mother enter. "Hello Harold, studies going well?" She says, sitting down in the chair on the other side of my desk.

"Yes ma'am, I just finished my math assessment." I inform her.

"Good, I'll have Helen in here to review it later." Helen is my teacher, she stops by once a week to give me work and check the work from early that week. "Your Father and I were talking and we decided that it's time to cut some of the girls out of your selection."

"What do you mean cut people?" I question, sitting down my pencil.

"It's time you need to be deciding who you want to spend the rest of your life with." She says sternly.
I've already chosen someone.

"Mum, do I have to marry one of these girls?" I ask quietly.

"Harold, are you just now saying that there are other girls you'd like to choose? Are these not good enough for you? It's too late to change your options now." She speaks, her tone rough.

"Okay." I sigh, tilting my chin down a little while looking at my hands in my lap.

"We were thinking of cutting Ruth and Waliyha, you seemed to have the least connection with them." She says, causing me to whip up my head to look at her.

"But Zayn and Liam are my friends." I say, sadness evident in my voice.

"Who?"

"Their brothers."

"We told you not to make friends. You already hang out with that Tomlinson lad too much, you should be happy we aren't sending Lottie home." Her words suprise me, I didn't realize she noticed me getting closer to Louis.

"I'm thankful, but Mum, do you have to send them home?"

"Yes, you'll tell them tonight so that they can pack and be ready to leave in the morning." She says, causing me to sigh.

"Do I have to let them go?"

"Yes, you don't like them, you want to be with one of those other women." I was talking about Zayn and Liam but okay I guess.

I hear someone hit the door as they begin speaking as they open it, "hey Haz you ready for- oh hello your majesty sorry to interrupt."

"Mr. Tomlinson, what brings you to my son's office?" Mother says, turning to look at Louis.

"Oh I um..." Louis pauses not knowing what to say.

"He was going to help me with my biology work." I say the first thing that comes into my mind.

"Your biology work? Harry you're an adult now you can do your own work." She scolds.

"I know, it's just... I'm pretty sure he already graduated so he's... smart." I stumble over my words.