-prologue-

Midnight...
June 12th...
Year 378...
City of Therasus...
Xiones Castle...
Day of the ball, coronation of princess Sterlla...

Continuous chattering burst outside the Xiones Castle as the guards from the Xiones army swung open the doors to the princess's chamber. They flocked in one after the other followed by the eyes of the prying crowd of esteemed royals and nobles.

Mistress Lionella from the house of Zywan pushed through the rabble of youth and elderly with her delicate arms. Her tear filled eyes scanned along the extravagant room, a spliced table was stretched nearly the full length of the long hall with several great candle holders atop which the candles were extinguished.

Lionella searched for her desire like a gawking hawk. Her eyes travelled the room like the breeze and quickly lay on the bedchamber. The female crawled towards the inanimate object on her fours in her beautiful pink gown that still glowed with the light from the open windows. Her hair settled behind her stiffly, her small cherry red lips quivering uttering not a single word.

One of the guards began plodding towards her in his armoury covering even his face only to be stopped by a swift hand in front of him. He glanced up at the owner of the hand, commander of the military of the Xiones army - Linone, a man with chiseled features and a blue attire - robe over his shoulders, velvety shirt, pants and thigh high navy blue boots.

Lionella sat on her knees supporting her figure via the handrails of the bedchamber. She took a peek at the bedsheets covering a seemingly sleeping figure. Lionella began blubbering hiding her face behind her hands. Linone crouched next to her on one knee rubbing the woman's back gently, pain and disbelief in his own eyes reflecting like it's own shadow.

Members of the army inside the chamber awaited for an order nonetheless the commander, Linone had his lips sealed. As the whispering from the prying crowd heightened, sound of rushing footsteps awakened the commander. He glanced at his subordinates. They nodded together and began pushing back the masses clearing path for the bunch of worrisome footsteps headed their way.

Linone grabbed Lionella by her arm and seated her on the couch placed next to the bedchamber whose colour like the rest of the objects in the room were yet to be distinguished owing to the darkness in the room. Light from the outside seeping through the open doors didn't support much either.

The footsteps paused right behind the crowd of nobles and royals. They too silenced themselves bowing to the four figures behind them with nervous eyes. Emperor Xiones, Empress Xiones, second princess - Sigel and the prince - Simore. Linone stepped away from in front of the bedchamber. Plodding heavy steps of the family entered the room with shaking limbs. The emperor with quivering hands grabbed the seams of the sheets and unveiled what was underneath.

Lionella gasped at the sight falling off the couch. Her cries broke the crowd into further chattering. The empress too fell on her weak knees bawling her eyes out crying the name of her eldest daughter - Sterlla. Simore furrowed his brows in disbelief gripping his clothes. His sister's cold lifeless body lay on the bed with her white gown tangled around her limbs like fastened ropes.

Orion made his way to his supposed to be fiance's room gasping for air. He shoved aside the prying crowd marching into the chamber. His eyes landed on the twisted neck of the woman as the crying of her family and one and only true friend Lionella filled his ears.

*Night of the twelfth of June after the coronation ball of princess Sterlla, the very princess was found dead in her own bedchamber*