-07-

His heart skipped a couple beats almost leaping out of his throat in the kind of fear that struck him feeling the cold skin of his precious friend. "Lady S-Sigel. Call upon a physician. NOW!!"

CHAPTER SEVEN
THE DEATH

Sigel flinched at his scream but her body did move according to the order given to her.

Year 374
Xiones Castle
Sterlla's bedchamber
October 19th (night)

In the dimly lit bedchamber of Xiones Palace, a chilling silence hung in the air. The royal physician shook his head solemnly, his gaze fixed on the cold, lifeless body of Princess Sterlla. The stillness of the room was abruptly shattered by a heart-wrenching wail. Seradole, overcome with grief, collapsed into a heap on the floor, her sobs echoing off the stone walls.

As her cries grew louder and more desperate, the heavy thud of boots echoed in the hallway. The door burst open, and Linone darted into the room, flanked by Lionella and Adena. Their eyes scanned the room, taking in the scene of sorrow and despair. By the bedside, Simore clutched Sterlla’s hands, his lips trembling with the deepest agony.

Serox, struggling with his own tears, held onto the crying Seradole’s shoulders in a futile attempt to console her. Opposite Simore, Orion sat with his head buried in the bedsheets next to Sterlla’s body, his shoulders shaking with silent sobs. The sight of their beloved lying so still and lifeless was too much to bear.

"STERLLA!" Lionella’s voice broke the silence, filled with a mixture of disbelief and anguish. She dropped to her knees, the weight of the loss hitting her like a physical blow. The royal physician, feeling the oppressive sorrow in the room, stepped back, unable to meet their pleading eyes.

Serox released Seradole and lunged at the physician, grabbing his hands with a desperate vigor. "You must do something. You are our royal physician. Please help us," he begged, his voice cracking with emotion.

"My Emperor," the physician began, his own sorrow evident in his eyes. "I know what you are feeling at this moment, but what you are asking of me is impossible for me to make true---"

"MY SISTER CANNOT BE DEAD!" Simore’s scream cut through the physician’s words. Tears streamed down his face as he looked at the adults, his voice filled with raw, unfiltered pain. "SHE IS ALIVE! SHE IS NOT GOING ANYWHERE, SO DON'T YOU DARE ACT LIKE THIS!!"

Behind him, Sigel approached cautiously, placing her tiny hands on Simore’s shoulders in a gentle attempt to calm him. "B-brother Simore. Control yourself--" she pleaded softly.

Simore shook her hands away, his eyes never leaving Sterlla’s face. His heart refused to accept the reality before him. Adena, watching the scene unfold, felt her own strength waver. She took a hesitant step towards the princess, her voice shaking. "No..." she whispered, her denial palpable. "No...this is not true...Princess Sterlla is not gone...she is alive..." Her legs gave way beneath her, and she sank to the floor, overcome by grief.

The room was filled with the sounds of weeping and the heavy weight of unspoken sorrow. Each person grappled with their own heartbreak, the loss of Sterlla leaving a void that words could not fill. The royal family and their closest companions clung to each other, united in their shared grief, as the reality of their loss settled around them like a shroud.

As the night wore on, Xiones Palace was cloaked in a heavy blanket of grief. Serox, the Emperor, a father, refused to accept the reality of his daughter's death. With each passing moment, his desperation grew, and he pleaded relentlessly with the royal physician for even the slightest glimmer of hope, a shred of possibility that could defy the certainty of Sterlla's passing.