1 ~ The Beginning

Blood splatters onto the tiled floor, and the sounds of screams fills the cold night air. There's a horrific screech that could make one's eardrums burst, and then, a monster emerges from the shadows of the suburban house. The vamp walks with ease into the house, his dark eyes shining with murderous intent as he approaches the cowering humans in the corner of the room.

Blood shines on his teeth as he steps into the light, and he smirks at the poor humans on the floor. They stare up at him, a man and woman, eyes wide in horror. The vamp sneers at them, then lunges forward.

Lighting fast, he tears into the humans. Their screams fill the house, and as he tears into them, he does not notice the little girl sneaking up on him. Her hands tremble as she raises a steak knife, and brings it down hard on his back. He roars in pain, whirling around and seizing her by the throat.

The girl gasps, kicking her legs out and trying to break his grip. He snarls, leaning close to her face. His fangs glisten with her parents' blood, and she sobs as he throws her against a wall, and grabs her by the hair.

"You're a monster!" she screams.  "I hate you!"

He laughs.  "Of course you do. I just murdered your parents. So why wouldn't you hate me?"

She bares her teeth, and screams. "You are a monster! A freaking monster! I will kill you!"

He laughs.  "Of course you will." He pulls the knife from his back, angling it toward her throat. She does not even whimper or flinch. She just stares him down.

Then, just as the vamp is about to kill her, the mother, who is somehow clinging to that last dregs of life, seizes him, driving a broken stake of wood into his flesh.  The vamp screams and drops the knife and the girl. He whirls around just as she rips the stake from him, then drives it into his heart.

And as the vamp is turned to stone as the throes of death curl his body into it, he crumbles to dust. The girl sobs as she crawls over to her mother, who is barely alive. She looks at her daughter.  "Lilith...."

"It's okay, mommy. I'm okay."

"Be strong for me, okay?"

Lilith, the young girl, nods slowly.  "O - okay, Mommy."

The door to her home bursts open, and in comes a bunch of people wearing strange uniforms Lilith hasn't seen before. A young woman kneels before her, her kind, blue eyes searching Lilith's own. Her smile is a bit grim, and she carefully picks Lilith up into her arms.

"You're safe now, my dear," she says. "I'm Druella. I am a part of the Underworld Faction Authority. As in, I am the weird cops. And that thing over there, on the floor? That's a Revenant Vamp. A dark one, one that isn't ever going to be anything but evil."

Lilith begins to cry as one of Druella's colleagues walks over and slices off the head of the vamp who assaulted her. Druella turns her around, making her look away from the bloody scene.

"Mommy.... dad...."

"What's your name, sweetie?" Druella asks as she carries the young girl outside.

"I'm 12," the girl says, tears breaking her voice.

Druella grimaces. This girl is twelve? She's so small! Druella knows that sometimes, traumatic experiences can cause the victim to revert back to their childhood state. She is acting young because, when she was a little girl, her parents were still alive. Her mother wasn't butchered by a hateful Revenant.

Druella brings the girl to a nearby ambulance. Her colleague, a man called Zakariah, gently takes the girl. "Hey, Lilith. Remember me? I'm your mom's friend, Zak."

Lilith sobs in his arms. He pulls her closer, an awkward look on his face.  He turns to Druella, the question in his eyes obvious enough. She shakes her head.  No, the child is the sole survivor of the attack. Her parents are dead.

"Well, Lilith, come on," he says. "Dru and I are gonna take you to get checked up."

Over the next few years, Dru and Zakariah became her surrogate parents. Lilith grew up in the UFA, but she ended up as one of their strongest and most fearless warriors. Lilith trained for her life, ever since she became one of the fighters of the UFA.

But all that changes one day, when Lilith learns the truth behind the UFA. They are not humans. They are all vamps, but not like the one that killed Lilith's parents. No, they are good vamps. If there is such a thing.