12 ~ The Blissful Sleep

We bring Cerridwen back to the compound. It's a bit awkward, being in my room with Ruse, as we sleep together each night. Not always getting sleep. But, you know.

I do my best to push the talk of soul mates from my mind as I lay with Ruse each night.

But it does not work.

How could Ruse and I not be destiny? How could it be possible? We just want nothing more than to be happy. And be together. But .... we aren't meant to be? How the ...?

"You can't sleep?" Ruse grumbles as he wakes from his sleep and gently plays with my hair.

I clear my throat, trying to swallow away the lumps in my throat. I turn to him. "I love you, Ruse."

"Oh, Lili." He kisses me on the forehead. "How I love you, too."

Tears spring to my eyes. "But how could we not be destiny? How is that .... possible?"

"Lili, don't worry so much about it," he says. "I love you. I always will. Don't try to think so much about it, my love. You are fine. We are fine. I love you so much, I swear I could cry when I see you upset."

I turn to him, his long, black hair falls over the scar above his amber eyes. He smiles at me, his fangs poking out a little as he does so. Ruse kisses me on the lips.

All the breath leaves my lungs, and I kiss him back. He gently brushes his hands, so warm, so firm, against my cheeks. He kisses me deeply, and his tongue gently flicks against my lips. Ruse kisses me, his hands exploring my body.

He gently pulls up my nightgown, and moves to position himself between my legs. He then thrusts against me, and I groan in delight. Ruse kisses me again, then moves down to my throat. As he does, he gently licks my throat, then kisses me again before moving down to my chest.

"Ruse," I whisper as he thrusts against me, his hips colliding with mine in the best way possible.

"Hm?"

"I love you. So much," I whisper.

He chuckles. "Oh, I love you more."

Ruse kisses me and pulls me into a hug, and when we both at last drift off to a lovely, blissfully dark world of sleep....

I wonder if something will happen that will rip one of us from the other.