You Found Me

Just to preface this - I have no idea what this is. I wrote it in math class on an extra piece of scrap paper after I finished my test. So that means I'm just copying down exactly what I wrote, word for word. It's based on the first verse & chorus of You Found Me by The Fray. I didn't include any names when writing it so that you could imagine it as whoever you want. It doesn't even have to be Jaspar, it could be some other otp of yours. Okay enough talking. Here it is...

My heartbeat is strong and loud in my ears. I don't know where I'm going, but I keep running. My feet pound against the ground one after another, again and again.

My surroundings don't seem even vaguely familiar. I don't care. I keep running.

I breathe heavily, each breath ripping at my throat and I taste blood.

I don't stop until my legs buckle underneath me - worn out and unable to continue. I ignore the pain as I try to crawl, or even drag myself forward. I have to get away.

It's a useless attempt and my arms tire quickly, and I drop to the ground all the way.

I'm in the city now, but not the one closest to me. I've already passed through that one, as well as two others.

I glance up at the street signs before I pass out completely. I'm at the corner of First, and Amistad.

I get a sudden onset of flashbacks. Of all my days spent by the telephone, waiting for him to call. But it never rang.

Next I'm crying in my room. Everything was falling apart. He wasn't there. He was never there.

Finally, I'm on the street again. But this time, there's no one there. No one, except him. He doesn't look at me, he's just smoking a cigarette.

A wave of emotions wash over me. I feel angry, hurt, and confused.

"Where were you?" I choke out, now raised up on one hand.

He just shrugs. "Ask anything..."

And then - nothing. No street, no people, no anything. Just black. It lulls me into its depths, willing me out of consciousness.

-

I'm awake, but I'm not. I can't see anything. I try opening my eyes, but it feels as if they've been glues shut.

I can hear voices. I can hear his voice.

"Yes, I did. He was surrounded by people who weren't doing anything. Just staring at him lying in the floor, there."

Another voice talks, but I don't hear it. I only hear his.

"He just seemed so... lost. And insecure. I was just... a little too late, I guess. I waited too long. And I don't know why."

Somehow this wakes me up completely. But only for a moment.

"Where were you?" I whisper. And I'm met with black again. But this time, when it offers me sleep, it's eternal.

Ew I hated that ending. I wished I had written it so that he was kind of having an out of body experience and he saw him coming late and he saw his own body

Idk whatever I wrote it quickly in math and it is what it is and that's also probably why it's so rushed.