D: Dear

Sorry, short one, but I'm on spring break, so I'll have E up pretty fast

D: Dear

It was early morning, around two am and a fuming Gilbert stood across the room from an equally angry Eliza. They had been fighting since early the night before.

"You're too immature!" she screamed

He glared "And you are too stuck up!"

He huffed and yelled "At least I have friends!"

Wounded, he replied "I have friends! AND AT LEAST I ONLY HAVE ONE GIRL!"

She stared, taking his implied comment badly "YOU THINK IM CHEATING?!"

Fed up, tired, and hurt he lost all control "I've seen the way you look at him! He's all proper, well mannered, wealthy, perfect!"

"AND YOU ARE NONE OF THOSE THINGS!" was her scalding reply

It hurt him, it hurt him deeply "Then why don't you go back to him?" he asked softly, looking down

She realized a line had been crossed in their argument, and felt bad. Still angry, she pushed him on

"Maybe I will."

His heart was slowly breaking "He would be better for you..."

She nodded, biting her lip "He would."

"But...I'd always love you more."

Her eyes widened and was slow to reply

"Ha...I'd even go to your wedding again..." he said, remembering how bad it hurt to see the one he loved marry another

"You would?" she asked

"Of course...and again, I wouldn't object, because he is better than me after all." Pain dripped from his voice and it was heartbreaking to hear.

Eliza hung her head and said "Have you really always loved me?"

He took no time to think "Of course dear."

Her head snapped up, his eyed widened

"Dear?" she asked, voice strained in surprise

His face was red, and he looked around at anything that wasn't her.

"Yes...dear."

Her heart melted, and anger forgotten, ran over to hug him.

Surprised but happy, he hugged her back and whispered "I'm sorry."

She shook her head "No...I am, I shouldn't have said those things about you."

He sighed "They're true...Roderich is proper, a true gentleman with manners. I'm still a rouge soldier..."

She shook her head and took his face in her hands "You are a proud knight...you have some manners."

He smiled slightly though it was sad "He's perfect though."

Her thumb rubbed his cheek "No, he's not. He has one great flaw...he's boring and you are a lot of things, but boring is not one."

His arms tightened around her, hugging closer.

"Whatever you say dear." His soft voice said

She smiled and kissed his cheek

"I love you..." Gil said softly, kissing her back

"I love you, and only you."